• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NL Streaming Platform Launched

At long last had one reply from my various emails I sent out.The one from the Streaming Company everyone knows what they said so wont repeat there poor response.No reply from National league but I did get a reply from Bromley FC who have shed someq light as to why their stream was so poor.As far as they are concerned the stream was very last minute,they state they don't have any experience people to deliver the streaming club employees and volunteers are in control.Concerning no commentary they had technical issues so couldn't provide one.Concerning the poor picture quality they had a faulty cable which was affected by the wet.They apologise and said the Streaming Service can give refunds.
So in conclusion it seems the individual clubs are responsible for providing the stream.

So what streams we are likely to get outside of Roots Hall is up for debate we can only hope the Bromley situation doesn't repeat itself

At long last had one reply from my various emails I sent out.The one from the Streaming Company everyone knows what they said so wont repeat there poor response.No reply from National league but I did get a reply from Bromley FC who have shed someq light as to why their stream was so poor.As far as they are concerned the stream was very last minute,they state they don't have any experience people to deliver the streaming club employees and volunteers are in control.Concerning no commentary they had technical issues so couldn't provide one.Concerning the poor picture quality they had a faulty cable which was affected by the wet.They apologise and said the Streaming Service can give refunds.
So in conclusion it seems the individual clubs are responsible for providing the stream.

So what streams we are likely to get outside of Roots Hall is up for debate we can only hope the Bromley situation doesn't repeat itself
Did they mention what was in the grey and orange bag?

I reckon it was cheese and Marmite sandwiches on white bread and some weak lemon cordial.

Maybe some wheat crunches.

I had problems with the streaming today but none were as bad as our frustrating afternoon on the pitch. Some of these problems were National League TV's fault, some were mine and the rest, and worst, were my old computer. I made the mistake of coming late to streaming, finishing off other tasks in the house. The game was already under way by the time I had connected with NL TV and I had a problem finding the game. I eventually went to 'schedule' and saw the list of fixtures. Each one had an arrow to click on...........apart from ours. I put the commentary on my phone whilst trying various manoeuvres, including re-booting the service, all to no avail. Eventually, I found that the list of games appeared on the site's top right hand corner of the screen and this one provided access. Whereas my 'very old' computer can deal with games on a national broadcasting channel, it really struggled and failed with this service. Commentary stuttered and image continually froze. It was so bad that I watched (suffered) the second-half on my telephone. Hopefully, this will be the last game I have problems with as a brand new computer has arrived and is waiting in the living room, to be installed. By that time I trust normal service will be resumed on and off the pitch!

I had problems with the streaming today but none were as bad as our frustrating afternoon on the pitch. Some of these problems were National League TV's fault, some were mine and the rest, and worst, were my old computer. I made the mistake of coming late to streaming, finishing off other tasks in the house. The game was already under way by the time I had connected with NL TV and I had a problem finding the game. I eventually went to 'schedule' and saw the list of fixtures. Each one had an arrow to click on...........apart from ours. I put the commentary on my phone whilst trying various manoeuvres, including re-booting the service, all to no avail. Eventually, I found that the list of games appeared on the site's top right hand corner of the screen and this one provided access. Whereas my 'very old' computer can deal with games on a national broadcasting channel, it really struggled and failed with this service. Commentary stuttered and image continually froze. It was so bad that I watched (suffered) the second-half on my telephone. Hopefully, this will be the last game I have problems with as a brand new computer has arrived and is waiting in the living room, to be installed. By that time I trust normal service will be resumed on and off the pitch!
Was OK for me in Spain until 40-odd minutes in & it just stuck, & when I tried to get it started again it went back to the warm up!! Got there in the end, but found radio commentry was a couple of minutes ahead, weird 😄, still didn't spoil the game, which was crap anyway! I hate Eastleigh!! (& do they bring along their own officials every game 😄)

Only 10th ever game for ref was always going to be crap.
Just our luck we get him against Eastleigh bully boys.
We must get a better plan against these types of teams.
Still Love you Kev. COYB UTB.

PS Just have to put up with another crap weekend!

I must say, I thankfully get to watch all the games via a streaming platform even the home 3pm on a Saturday and not had a single problem all season except for the terrible away game at Bromley, where there was an obvious problem. All the games at Roots Hall have been incredibly done, with replays and the BBC Essex comms lining up perfectly.

After last night's streaming ****show I've emailed the NL, I'm not holding my breath.

Good morning,

I'm sure I'm not the first Southend supporter to complain about the quality of the streaming service from last night's game but that was, without doubt, an appalling stream for the entire match. During the first half especially, the picture froze or was blank for at least 50% of the half. The picture quality for the part of the game that was live and visible was totally fogged as if the game was being played in fog, (it wasn't) and the flood lights of the ground affected the picture at all times when visible. I thought about complaining about the commentary too, but I guess it's normal for a 14 year old boy to commentate for the very first time on a professional game when he should be doing his homework!!

I really can't accept that this is the quality of service you to expect to provide, and it certainly isn't what I expect from you for £9.50. I genuinely believe I'm am due a compensation voucher for another game after that show. I will wait for your response.

Regards

After last night's streaming ****show I've emailed the NL, I'm not holding my breath.

Good morning,

I'm sure I'm not the first Southend supporter to complain about the quality of the streaming service from last night's game but that was, without doubt, an appalling stream for the entire match. During the first half especially, the picture froze or was blank for at least 50% of the half. The picture quality for the part of the game that was live and visible was totally fogged as if the game was being played in fog, (it wasn't) and the flood lights of the ground affected the picture at all times when visible. I thought about complaining about the commentary too, but I guess it's normal for a 14 year old boy to commentate for the very first time on a professional game when he should be doing his homework!!

I really can't accept that this is the quality of service you to expect to provide, and it certainly isn't what I expect from you for £9.50. I genuinely believe I'm am due a compensation voucher for another game after that show. I will wait for your response.

Regards
If no response, suggest a nod towards CP at the Echo and/or sticking a complaint on NL Twitter.
They'll respond then!

Good morning,

Regards
Yet that's not the only problem for me. Perhaps someone could explain how you actually reach the streaming. When I had signed on (twice) there was little indication as to how to reach the game. I eventually went to went to schedule, fixtures and found the list on which, unlike last time, there was an arrow for our game 'match centre.' All this did was give a band announcing the fixture, where the screen should have been and no indication where to move on from there. Missed the first quarter of an hour before, in frustration, I went back to the start and eventually found another list of the fixtures, (in orange IIRC) which actually activated the screen. Like everyone else, I wish I hadn't bothered. I could have spent my time more profitably doing something else whlst listening to the commentary, instead of finishing with a headache due to screwing my eyes up to try to follow the game through the 'fog.'

Good morning,

Regards
I sent them a similarly worded email last evening.

Good morning,

Regards
Excellent Email would be very interested to learn the response you receive.I complained following the Bromley game and got a negative response from the Streaming company which I posted elsewhere on the Zone.The only response I got was from Bromley FC who explained there reasons.
I didnt take the chance last night as I felt that Maidenhead may possibly have the same issues as Bromley and went with the BBC Essex commentary.We might be better off when we play a larger club like Notts County who may possibly deliver a better service

God that kid was annoying!
Yes! While I respect that young Oscar should be admired for cutting his teeth at age 14 in the commentating world, I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that with people paying £9.50 and that contract requiring commentary, the commentary should be fit for purpose.
So I'm afraid I was left feeling a bit 'foxtrot oscar' about the commentary. I'm sure they have games where no pay per view coverage contract is applicable in which he could be taught the trade. To be fair to young oscar, he wasn't going to learn much from his accomplice in crime last night .

Sounds like the quality of the stream is a bit of a lottery which really shouldn't be the case if they're going to charge £9.50 for one game.

I had planned to use this fairly regularly during the second half of the season. Last night I made a snap decision to travel to the game rather than pay for a stream so I dodged a bullet there.

Now I think I'll probably only pay for games hosted by the bigger clubs, as that would seem a safer option. Might give it a go for Notts County and Oldham, probably not for Dorking and Altrincham. No disrespect intended to those clubs, but others' experience of Bromley and Maidenhead doesn't bode well.

Back