• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Street parking

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I had been up until the season before last been parking in the bp down west road, and then they put those stupid signs up to say you would be clamped.

Having been clamped before elsewhere i wasnt gonna chance that happening again.

last season i was parking in the wasteland behind the garage which is owned by the sally army , but i see this is now boarded up (more flats ?)

Now im not tight arse , but i refuse to pay for parking because i think its a joke that you pay for a tax disc and it seems that there are fewer and fewer places to park these days.

I had a nightmare trying to park for the hammers game.

Where does everybody else park?

we park doen mcdonald road on the yellow lines by the school people think its a no parking zone cause of yellow lines but cant park there on sats so always spaces

People wised up to that towards the end of last season. But well done for telling anyone who hadn't.

I had been up until the season before last been parking in the bp down west road, and then they put those stupid signs up to say you would be clamped.

Having been clamped before elsewhere i wasnt gonna chance that happening again.

last season i was parking in the wasteland behind the garage which is owned by the sally army , but i see this is now boarded up (more flats ?)

Now im not tight arse , but i refuse to pay for parking because i think its a joke that you pay for a tax disc and it seems that there are fewer and fewer places to park these days.

I had a nightmare trying to park for the hammers game.

Where does everybody else park?

Surely just leave earlier & park a bit further away.

Try up North Road past the Nelson, Albany Ave, Cliff Ave.
Evening K.Offs North Road car park up past the cemetery, free after 6pm

Still plenty of unrestricted side roads for parking in the Roots Hall area and with possibly lower crowds this season then parking should be even easier. Infact even with a capacity crowd parking is still not much of a problem unless you leave it right until the last minute to find a space.

Also Roots Hall must be one of the easiest grounds for traffic to get away from. At some grounds you can get stuck in car parks and side streets for an hour or more, new grounds seem the worst.

When/if we move to our new ground then I think there will be more parking issues than at Roots Hall. Free street parking will be limited to the areas to the South of the ground & the residents will not like that. At least with Roots Hall the local residents are used to the extra football parking and the football ground has been there for much longer than most that have live there.

yep plenty of the streets are fine. best to try the one-way ones cos sometime it can get gridlocked. never really had a problem, if you're happy to walk for 5 mins. We park at phoenix hospital as the old man knows the owner, which is a right touch.

Anywhere off West Road near Salisbury cafe.Have been parking there over 3 years and never a problem even with the bigger attended games last year.

For evening matches, Civic Centre is free after 6 p.m. Also, anything around an hour before you can usually park in Gainsborough or near there, just nothing much north of West Road since they put all the residents' bays in unless you fancy a walk.

I've parked in Priory Park a couple of times, with no problems. Alternatively I park free at Rayleigh station and jump on the train which is all very well if you're coming down the A127 I guess.

For evening matches, Civic Centre is free after 6 p.m. Also, anything around an hour before you can usually park in Gainsborough or near there, just nothing much north of West Road since they put all the residents' bays in unless you fancy a walk.

I hope Southend doesn't go the like the London system. Most of it seems to be resident permit parking bays now. Most unfriendly if you are an out of town visitor, and you can end up driving around and around looking for a space, like I did, and still end up over a mile away from where you had to be, as you can't risk a clamp or being towed away.

For evening games, any of the Residential streets such as Colchester (Scum) Road are ok to park in after 6:30pm. That's when the Resident's only period end's. Not sure about weekend's will have to check.

EDIT: Forget weekend games, that's resident's only until 6:30pm as well.

Hmmm, I will need a new spot now as well. Civic Centre I feel is the best option.

Last edited:
No-one's mentioned one of the better places to park, esp if your an East Stander / Spread visitor although seeing as i now only live 15 mins walk away, it will be much more of a better opportunity to have a few bevvies before and after!

Back