• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strike force (under/over)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Striker
How many goals will each of our strikers get for us this season?

You may need to clarify if Checkatrade / Carabao are included.....

I am reluctant to criticise-apologies-but the options presented seem rather strange eg someone who doesn’t think Humphrys will manage to score has to tick the same box as someone who thinks he’ll get 18.
Best way would be to invite us to put the no. of goals in each players box,then the eventual average would be interesting eg Cox gets 12,17,10 and is averaging 13.0,while 47 people give Robinson 0 and he is averaging 0.00.

Top scorer: 15+ Cox
Next: 5-9: Humphreys/Hopper
<=5 Goodship
<=3 Theo
0: Kelman.

Robinson is a bit of an unknown quantity, Bond had an opportunity to offload him to Swindon but opted to keep him, if he's in Bond's plans then he could easily get more than 5.

Top scorer: 15+ Cox
Next: 5-9: Humphreys/Hopper
<=5 Goodship
<=3 Theo
0: Kelman.

You’ve bet on relegation then have you? I think they will all do better than that, with the possible exception of Cox who looks about right to me. Humphrys and Hopper got that many goals last year in a handful of appearances!

You’ve bet on relegation then have you? I think they will all do better than that, with the possible exception of Cox who looks about right to me. Humphrys and Hopper got that many goals last year in a handful of appearances!

You haven't taken it consideration goals from midfield & defence. Humphrys/Hopper will probably play second fiddle to Coxy and will not play every game (in full). Goodship/Theo will be subs (or used in the LDV) and Kelman will be lucky to get anytime at all.

This is of course if we're not decimated by injuries. Again.

I think we're in for a season of mid-table. The gap between Lg1 & The Championship grows wider every year.

You have to imagine Hopper will take some time to get back to being the player he was prior to the injury.....

You then have to factor in how long that’ll take given that he may not be getting many games as opposed to last season when he’d have come back into the side immediately, regardless. So I think double figures would delight him....

I can see Cox getting 10-15 max. Forwards tend to have one last hurrah in terms of goals and I feel that may have been his, last season....bearing in mind he’s not an out and out goalscorer.....

Humphrys was pleased with double figures last season but I don’t see him as a 20+ a season striker so 16-20 would be a good return .

Theo may yet even leave but if he stays he’ll chip in with 5-8 from the bench.

Goodship will get an early opportunity and if he hits the ground running he could out score Cox....equally he find the step too big once the intensity of league games start and could take til Xmas to get going and therefore 5-10 would be a good return.

If all the above stay / stay fit, I don’t see Charlie Kelman getting much game time at all. And you may have to wait another year before you see a follow up to his Plymouth goal. A good year for Charlie will be to outscore previous seasons totals by the likes of Wabo in the 23s.

Last edited:
You haven't taken it consideration goals from midfield & defence. Humphrys/Hopper will probably play second fiddle to Coxy and will not play every game (in full). Goodship/Theo will be subs (or used in the LDV) and Kelman will be lucky to get anytime at all.

This is of course if we're not decimated by injuries. Again.

What? None of that is true. None of those players will be playing midfield or defence as far as I know so I'm not sure what that's got to do with the price of fish? Last season's tallies, for reference:

Cox - 48 games (plus 3 more as sub), 17 goals
Humphrys - 10 games, 5 goals
Hopper - 13 games (plus 1 more as sub), 7 goals
Robinson - 19 games (plus 12 more as sub), 4 goals
Kelman - 2 games (plus 9 more as sub), 2 goals
Goodship - new signing

So, I'll say it again - you see no improvement for any of our strikers despite the above total starts not being enough to fill the two striker spots in the team for the full season. We escaped relegation on goal difference - so I guess you've bet on relegation?

What? None of that is true. None of those players will be playing midfield or defence as far as I know so I'm not sure what that's got to do with the price of fish? Last season's tallies, for reference:

Cox - 48 games (plus 3 more as sub), 17 goals
Humphrys - 10 games, 5 goals
Hopper - 13 games (plus 1 more as sub), 7 goals
Robinson - 19 games (plus 12 more as sub), 4 goals
Kelman - 2 games (plus 9 more as sub), 2 goals
Goodship - new signing

So, I'll say it again - you see no improvement for any of our strikers despite the above total starts not being enough to fill the two striker spots in the team for the full season. We escaped relegation on goal difference - so I guess you've bet on relegation?

What I meant is that goals from midfield & defence have not added into the big total. We will only play a maximum of two strikers per game (bar subs) so Hopper/Humph will unlikely to play a full 90 every game as Cox is, and should always be, our first name of the team sheet, hence they won't have a big tally come May 2020. A summation of 10-18 goals for the second choice strikers is nothing to be sneezed at.

I haven't bet on relegation (I don't bet for a start) but I think we will be neither going up or down this season. Sadly I don't think we'll be going up for many a season.

Coxy taking pens included 16
Hump 12
Hoops 13
Lollopop 7
Theo 5
Charles K 5

Includes LDV Trophy, CocaCola.

Back