• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cerbera45

Coach⭐
I wonder why recently (at a crucial/critical stage of the season) Frank Nouble has been the option coming off the bench instead of say Fortune, baffled.

No idea. Fortune is a class player, Nouble isn't. Fortune would have scored at least one of the two golden chances that Nouble fluffed.

Agreed, Fortune must be fuming! I'd have even put Mooney on over Nouble and I'm one of his biggest critics. Nouble is utter **** and conning a living off the 'former West Ham player' tag.

I would have put a U8 kid on ahead of Nouble :winking:, not sure I want to see him out there again for us..

I don't want to see nouble in a southend shirt again. Terrible player who is non league

I am guessing Noublé was brought on to try and fill that centre forward role as that is what he is and we kept playing "lumped up" balls. I didn't think he was so bad when he came on at Roots Hall recently, certainly looked strong, and I'm guessing that was what Brown wanted from him. It failed rather though.

So if what I have been reading is true I.e. Brown won't play MAF due to dissent, and prefers Nouble because of a few passionate words from a player who was playing well but subbed, then as I see it, PB is willing to risk our whole season if not the clubs future due to him not being able to accept criticism or passion from a player?

Still trying to figure out the sanity of signing Nouble.....Fortune must be miffed.

It seems odd (if) we are experimenting at this stage of the season or even giving player's a run out with a view to next season (offering contracts etc)

I wonder why recently (at a crucial/critical stage of the season) Frank Nouble has been the option coming off the bench instead of say Fortune, baffled.

Two options .

1/Phil is utterly clueless
2/club doesn't want promotion

Still trying to figure out the sanity of signing Nouble.....Fortune must be miffed.

When we signed him I believe Ranger's future was unclear, Mooney was injured, Robinson had not yet arrived and so we had a striker selection of Cox, Fortune and Jason Williams.

Nouble was signed to plug a gap hence why he was only given a six-month contract.

He was bobbins on Saturday but he is as close as we have to a target man in Ranger's absence and I understand why he was brought on.

When we signed him I believe Ranger's future was unclear, Mooney was injured, Robinson had not yet arrived and so we had a striker selection of Cox, Fortune and Jason Williams.

Nouble was signed to plug a gap hence why he was only given a six-month contract.

He was bobbins on Saturday but he is as close as we have to a target man in Ranger's absence and I understand why he was brought on.

Hmmm Gillingham are struggling badly yet in that struggling team Frank managed just TWO 90 minute games,now that one stat tells me Frank wasn't fancied at Gills or he was made of glass or he has an attitude problem..one of those 3.

Alarm bells should have been ringing for any club wishing to sign FN...yet we ignore every tell tale sign and just sign them willy nilly.

Surplus to requirements at relegation threatened Gills...deemed good enough for promotion hopefuls Southend....odd.

So if what I have been reading is true I.e. Brown won't play MAF due to dissent, and prefers Nouble because of a few passionate words from a player who was playing well but subbed, then as I see it, PB is willing to risk our whole season if not the clubs future due to him not being able to accept criticism or passion from a player?

You are basing all this on little to no information?

Lets imagine he has fallen out of favour due to his behaviour are we saying that we should ignore a players lack of professionalism and just play them whatever without consequence?

I would rather we play our best players at all time, but not if they have done something to warrant punishment. There has to be boundaries and a level of discipline.

That said, whether MAF has done anything to warrant anything and whether thats the reason he hasnt played isn't known anyway.

As for the other comment Phil not wanting to get promoted, yeah that makes plenty of sense, because his career wouldnt benefit from a promotion. :headbang:

Hmmm Gillingham are struggling badly yet in that struggling team Frank managed just TWO 90 minute games,now that one stat tells me Frank wasn't fancied at Gills or he was made of glass or he has an attitude problem..one of those 3.

Alarm bells should have been ringing for any club wishing to sign FN...yet we ignore every tell tale sign and just sign them willy nilly.

Surplus to requirements at relegation threatened Gills...deemed good enough for promotion hopefuls Southend....odd.

He was an experienced, physical striker available immediately on a free transfer at a time when we, a third division club with an exhausted wage budget and no money, were going through a striker crisis. He's on a short-term deal and I doubt we'll see him again. If you don't understand why he was signed, there's no hope for you.

He was an experienced, physical striker available immediately on a free transfer at a time when we, a third division club with an exhausted wage budget and no money, were going through a striker crisis. He's on a short-term deal and I doubt we'll see him again. If you don't understand why he was signed, there's no hope for you.

Assume he is on £500 pw(probably far more but hey I'm being kind)he has been here for 12 weeks=£6000 for 51 minutes of football so far...£110 per minute:stunned:

The thing with Noodle on Saturday was that he didn't even look like he had much idea.

I'm all for a fella seeming to have the attributes, but being a little rusty, but this guy just wasn't game aware at all. He kept looking around to see what others were telling him to do and even when he did get on the ball, he seemed to have no idea whether to run with it, pass it or shoot. If he doesn't have that now, he never will.

'Jai' has it right, though. We did need to get someone in back then, but he really is massively surplus to requirements now.

He'll end up kicking around in the National South and appearing in some televised FA Cup 1st Round game in a couple of years time.

Back