• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Striker Shayon Harrison joins on loan from Spurs

Don't want to be too downbeat, but he only scored 1 goal in 14 appearances for Yeovil, so doesn't exactly sound prolific. But let's hope he finds his scoring touch with us.

Don't want to be too downbeat, but he only scored 1 goal in 14 appearances for Yeovil, so doesn't exactly sound prolific. But let's hope he finds his scoring touch with us.

Asked a Spurs fan about him. Doesn't rate him too highly and says he's a real show boater. As mentioned above, his record on loan at Yeovil wasn't great. If it is him, let's hope he has improved with more coaching.

My Spurs mate also mentioned Stirling and reckons he'd be better for us.

Have either of them appeared for Spurs in the League Cup? Or did that bit mean the player could have appeared in the League Cup for a loan team?

Crumbs. It starts already. Can I just point out a couple of things?

1. Sir Chris Powell has been at Spurs recently so will know this kid far better than any random Spurs fan, whose eye for talent may or may not be any good and who will be used to watching Harry Kane.

2. Yeovil may or may not have been able to make best out of him. Anyone looking at a cold stat of Cox’s appearances to goals this season would not be impressed but I think we all agree that a different style of football and the right service would have enabled him to have scored far more.

3. A midget forward like the other one mentioned is NOT what we need.

Can we please trust SCP and if we sign Harrison on loan let’s look forward to someone that SCP believes could get on the end of crosses in the air, hold the ball up and create space for others. That’s good enough for me and if indeed he is who we sign let’s not carpet bomb the Zone with I’ll-informed messages about how terrible he will be.

1. Sir Chris Powell has been at Spurs recently so will know this kid far better than any random Spurs fan, whose eye for talent may or may not be any good and who will be used to watching Harry Kane.

2. Yeovil may or may not have been able to make best out of him. Anyone looking at a cold stat of Cox’s appearances to goals this season would not be impressed but I think we all agree that a different style of football and the right service would have enabled him to have scored far more.

Can we please trust SCP and if we sign Harrison on loan let’s look forward to someone that SCP believes could get on the end of crosses in the air, hold the ball up and create space for others. That’s good enough for me and if indeed he is who we sign let’s not carpet bomb the Zone with I’ll-informed messages about how terrible he will be.

Too early to be this positive!!

Well said. Some of Southend's best signings have been players that showed flashes of potential but had largely under-performed at their previous clubs ie Billy Best, Ian Benjamin, Chris Powell were all players that came into their own at Southend.

Harrison only made 4 starts at Yeovil only 1 of which he played the full 90 away at Luton he scored in 1 of the other 3. Of the 10 sub appearances in a couple he came on with literally a couple of minutes to go. We can’t exactly judge his goals ratio. Got to back the guy

Harrison only made 4 starts at Yeovil only 1 of which he played the full 90 away at Luton he scored in 1 of the other 3. Of the 10 sub appearances in a couple he came on with literally a couple of minutes to go. We can’t exactly judge his goals ratio. Got to back the guy

So he couldn't actually get in the Yeovil side..
Lets see who it is and give them a chance- Ron said perhaps two forwards, this would make that more likely

Bit more of a look 20 in 40 for U23s over all, 3 in 8 this year and 1 in 1 in EFL cup. Given Chris Powell contact with Spurs he will know what he can do so definitely a bit more positive

BTW supposedly out of contract in June- so loan with a view to a permanent?

Bit more of a look 20 in 40 for U23s over all, 3 in 8 this year and 1 in 1 in EFL cup. Given Chris Powell contact with Spurs he will know what he can do so definitely a bit more positive

BTW supposedly out of contract in June- so loan with a view to a permanent?

This is a key piece as well. The player will know he needs to work hard to stay in the game and stay employed.

Apparently, he was very prolific in the U16s and the first year of the U18s. If he's lasted this long at Spurs, he'll be technically excellent. Chris Ramsey laid down a very detailed plan of how to develop young players and he would have overseen him for the first few years of his time in North London.

For anyone interested in that sort of thing, some hack met Ramsey and smashed this out a few months ago: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...s-park-rangers-tottenham-including-harry-kane

Apparently, he was very prolific in the U16s and the first year of the U18s. If he's lasted this long at Spurs, he'll be technically excellent. Chris Ramsey laid down a very detailed plan of how to develop young players and he would have overseen him for the first few years of his time in North London.

For anyone interested in that sort of thing, some hack met Ramsey and smashed this out a few months ago: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...s-park-rangers-tottenham-including-harry-kane

So great to have you back Iain!

Back