• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Anyone else reckon we might be seeing another striker coming in on loan?

With Tomlin out for at least a few weeks, Corr with a history of fragility (both fitness and disciplinary-wise), Assombalonga recently injured, Eastwood unfit and seemingly uninterested, Lavery only an inexperienced kid and Harris long in the tooth and without significant match practice - it would seem an odd time to let both Njie and Benyon leave the club on loan, whatever your thoughts on their ability levels.

Unless of course a reasonable replacement was coming in soon...

Njie was never going to play, he can be ignored in any discussion.

We now have

Britt
Corr
Eastwood - Injured
Tomlin - Injured
Harris
Lavery
Reeves

Cant see us bringing anyone else in.

Njie was never going to play, he can be ignored in any discussion.

We now have

Britt
Corr
Eastwood - Injured
Tomlin - Injured
Harris
Lavery
Reeves

Cant see us bringing anyone else in.

I agree.
I think Lavery and Reeves are the replacements for Benyon and Njie.
Just got them in before the other two moved out.

I would honestly be surprised if we did. We have the option to play Reeves up front too, and what would be the point in bringing Lavary on loan.

I think we have other places in the team that need recruitments first.

Wouldn't surprise me but as Luggy sardonically pointed out recently, we need to bring people in but the positions we need them in change every game. Strong arguments could equally be forwarded for strengthening our midfield or defense. In Luggy I trust.

The reason we've been playing one up front isn't a lack of forward options but because of the frailty and inexperience of our midfield. I'd therefore look to strengthen that first.

Corr
Assombalonga
Lavery
Harris/Eastwood

is plenty of bodies up front. The bigger issue is that the two marquee signings the fans were so excited about are seemingly past it.

Need a new CB at this rate as well. God knows who is going to play there tomorrow night.

Timlin replacement is a must imo

We have Laird and Spillane. We're stuffed for the JPT, as new signings that weren't here before the first leg, cannot play in the 2nd leg. We're going to have to go with what we've got.

If Philips and Barker are fit to come back for Weds week .As I see it we are only one missing from the team that started at Borient . And that's timlin .All be it we don't get any more injured in the next to home games .So the starting line up would be as the first leg plus one as cover for the injured tims .

Regardless of the JPT situation, weve been crying out for more creativity and goals in the midfield. Laird and Spillane are pretty similar players. Would love us to try and get marky gower on loan. I think Donnelly wouldve been a decent bet to get on a deal till the end of the season too, but of course no one could foresee the injuries. Just seems they have taken the energy and tempo from the team.

Oh yes before it get stated on hear that the line up will also be missing a player red carded on sataday .We have prosser that can do the job in the middle .He covered well for cresswell when he was injured .

Err.....no :stunned:

Not sure what's going on with Harris to be honest, if he's fit then he should be making the bench but he didn't on Saturday.

Thought it strange that we didn't even name Coughlan as a sub. He's always there and would have let us name a defender on the bench. Given the Cresswell red card he would probably have even come on!

Thought it strange that we didn't even name Coughlan as a sub. He's always there and would have let us name a defender on the bench. Given the Cresswell red card he would probably have even come on!

Thought the exact same. I know he's getting on a bit now but if you can't name a full bench then he might as well just be put down just in case. Would expect him to be on the bench for the next 2, maybe even the Orient game with Cressy definately out and potentially Phillips and Barker too!

Back