• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC94

After loosing matt paterson for a month and sturrock saying he may not come back dont you think sturrock should of given him the chance ? Just look at spencer he wasnt even on the reserve sub bench ? And paterson was only on the reserve bench ? :duh:

To be honest the strikers we have now are Barry corr who has played below average these past 2 games. Blair sturrock who has played appalling these last 2 games and Harry crawford who is still young and I believe should be going out on loan ? And we let Spencer go by mutual consent and matt paterson out on loan , I can only think that sturrock wants to get rid of all tilsons past squad except Grant ?

Maybe he has some loanees or trialists lined up to replace them. Barry Corr has been injured and is our top goalscorer and Blair Sturrock isn't a goalscorer, but more of someone who can link up the play from the limited amount of games I have seen.

Kyle Asante seems to be doing very well for the reserves. Sturrock might take a punt on him at some point.

Kyle Asante seems to be doing very well for the reserves. Sturrock might take a punt on him at some point.

Good shout, but he has only just come back from a long term injury. Worth putting him on the bench though.

Watched him in reserves thought he got in some good positions and when he got the ball in the area finished with quality looked sharp and think a place on the bench is well earned

Well it seems that he has made the squad for tomorrow's game according to the echo. I guess playing in the reserves and bagging your self a hat-trick is the way to go about your business and put yourself in a position to be selected. His pace should cause problems for defenders at this level if nothing else!

The lad can obviously finish as well so hopefully from now until the end of the season he can get a couple of goes and hopefully bag a goal or two, will only do his confidence the world of good to push for a regular place next season once he has a full pre season under his belt and is fully fit.

Been saying it for months....Blair and Bazza are not a good combination. We need one of those two (whoever is on the better form) plus an "out and out" striker.

Last game I saw Corr in (Oxford), he looked extremely average. Everyone says what a hard worker he is, but I saw him give up several times on balls worth chasing. There was also countless times when neither he nor Blair was closing down the defenders when the goalie rolled the ball out or even "splitting the defenders" when the goalie had the ball. I also witnessed Corrs dreadful attempt at a scissors kick....It was embarrassing!

That being said, I never rated Paterson very highly and would certainly have put him behind Blair and Corr.

Been saying it for months....Blair and Bazza are not a good combination. We need one of those two (whoever is on the better form) plus an "out and out" striker.

Last game I saw Corr in (Oxford), he looked extremely average. Everyone says what a hard worker he is, but I saw him give up several times on balls worth chasing. There was also countless times when neither he nor Blair was closing down the defenders when the goalie rolled the ball out or even "splitting the defenders" when the goalie had the ball. I also witnessed Corrs dreadful attempt at a scissors kick....It was embarrassing!

That being said, I never rated Paterson very highly and would certainly have put him behind Blair and Corr.

This seems to confirm that he's playing within himself due to still feeling the effects of injuries ... back and knee, I believe. It would be great if young Kyle's ready to step up to the League, but I suspect that he'll need to be eased in and not thrown into the fray. Just hope PS has got a decent loanee lined up as I don't think Bazza can last the rest of the season, especially with Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday routines.

Corr and BS have hardly any competition up front with the dumping of Paterson and Spencer , which is the most frightening thing.

Patterson was our highest earner - suspect that has more to with with getting him out than anything to do with his ability.

Trimming the wage bill to bring in new personnel on loan? PS has hardly made it a secret that he's in the market for a striker

Care to elaborate?

six starts = 4 goals

Every other game is as a sub and only for a few minutes each.

Of the six starts he was arguably MOTM for two of the games, dreadful for two of the games, and good for the other two.

How lightweight does one have to be to be a pro footballer?

Patterson was our highest earner - suspect that has more to with with getting him out than anything to do with his ability.

No he wasn't.

We'll still be paying probably half of Paterson's wage, he's gone to Stockport who are even deeper in the brown stuff than us.

six starts = 4 goals

Of the six starts he was arguably MOTM for two of the games, dreadful for two of the games, and good for the other two.

13 starts in the league. Two goals, one of which was a fluke.

six starts = 4 goals

Compare Paterson's physical presence to that of Corr, Sturrock and even Crawford.

Never quite fancied going in for a 50/50, it was always half hearted and he never won anything against a big centre half.

Granted he scored two good goals against Bristol City and against Barnet who are one of the smallest sides I've ever seen.

Back