• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strikes

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
I can't be the only one that is getting royally ****ed off with these ******s who think they have the right to down tools the moment something happens that hasn't met their approval.

My year is being ****ed up by these ***** who can't accept that they are only ****ing workers and not the decision makers. ****ing ******s should put in a full days work for once and be grateful that the HR department hasn't realised what ***** they really are.

I've had a flight earlier this month disrupted because of ****ing border control strikes. My flights later this week will probably be disrupted because some tart thinks she is too ****ing good to serve me some food - ****ing ****** should realise that if she cut back on caping makeup on her haggard old face she wouldn't notice the effect of getting a payrise thats 0.16% less than she feels she deserves.

And then my prebooked trains for Thursday before easter are being ****ed up by the ***** at Network Rail. One of whom spends more time posting here than working, and has the ****ing audacity to moan about a colleague being done for posting pictures of workers sleeping on the job on facebook!!!! The ***** who think that they can sleep on the job deserve immediate dismissal, stupid ****ing ******s.

ps the general if you lot go on strike I am going to make it my duty to target any postman who comes near my house with a **** off sized catapult.

*Claps hands in the air swinging his head at the same time* Amen brother, I'm hearing ya...

I can't be the only one that is getting royally ****ed off with these ******s who think they have the right to down tools the moment something happens that hasn't met their approval.

My year is being ****ed up by these ***** who can't accept that they are only ****ing workers and not the decision makers. ****ing ******s should put in a full days work for once and be grateful that the HR department hasn't realised what ***** they really are.

I've had a flight earlier this month disrupted because of ****ing border control strikes. My flights later this week will probably be disrupted because some tart thinks she is too ****ing good to serve me some food - ****ing ****** should realise that if she cut back on caping makeup on her haggard old face she wouldn't notice the effect of getting a payrise thats 0.16% less than she feels she deserves.

And then my prebooked trains for Thursday before easter are being ****ed up by the ***** at Network Rail. One of whom spends more time posting here than working, and has the ****ing audacity to moan about a colleague being done for posting pictures of workers sleeping on the job on facebook!!!! The ***** who think that they can sleep on the job deserve immediate dismissal, stupid ****ing ******s.

1. No one is saying they are too good to provide the services you quote. BA staff have said part of their dispute is about improving services. My dispute is about improving service. Not about us being too good to do it.

2. "Only workers". Consider there are no workers only bosses. **** all would get done.

Your holiday was screwed up because my members in UKBA were on strike. A bit of inconvenience for you, a job loss for them. I suppose you are the same kind of person that moans about illegal immigrants. So consider, less Border Control Staff, less immigration checks, more Johnny Foreigner over here taking your jobs, benefits etc etc.

Me, me, me, me. You're a perfect example of the Thatcher generation. She would be proud, but I'd guess you'd take that as a compliment rather than an insult.

1. No one is saying they are too good to provide the services you quote. BA staff have said part of their dispute is about improving services. My dispute is about improving service. Not about us being too good to do it.

2. "Only workers". Consider there are no workers only bosses. **** all would get done.

Your holiday was screwed up because my members in UKBA were on strike. A bit of inconvenience for you, a job loss for them. I suppose you are the same kind of person that moans about illegal immigrants. So consider, less Border Control Staff, less immigration checks, more Johnny Foreigner over here taking your jobs, benefits etc etc.

At least these strikes aren't happening when the country is already in **** street. :unsure: We're all pulling together as usual.... :nope:

At least these strikes aren't happening when the country is already in **** street. :unsure: We're all pulling together as usual.... :nope:

Well a small minority of society screwed their countries , another small group are expressing their rights , yet more are shouting about their perceived losses .

Yet every morning all of them have food, water (hot and cold ) and a roof over their head's.

The current wave of strikes does seem eerily redolent of the industrial action which marked the dog-end of the Callaghan premiership in 1979. It has all the same feel of the "end of the era" / "end of the party" (in more sense than one) that the UK and the Labour government experienced back then.

The thing that bugs most people in the private sector is that public sector staff and union leaders seem to come on the telly and exclaim that public sector staff have a right to jobs, and a right to pay rises.

You don't.

Public sector jobs and pay rises are entirely dependent on the health of the private sector, since it is the taxes paid by the private sector which provides the revenues to fund public sector jobs. And when the private sector is struggling - as it is now - then the public sector also has to share the pain.

Most of the private sector hasn't had any sort of payrise for the last two years. Moreover, we have to accept redundancy as part of the economic reality of our jobs.
The way that the public sector carries on, you'd think that none of their jobs could ever be redundant - that there's somehow an inalienable right to their particular role in the UK.

As BA cabin crew (members of a private company who are clinging onto the ethos that they are somehow still a quasi-publicly owned body) will soon discover, if your company is losing money hand over fist, eventually you'll all be out of a job. You can either try and trim your sails now, or you can all scream "my rights" until your company goes bust.

I have to say that Unite's stance is as stupid an industrial position as I have seen in recent years. If I were a BA investor, I'd be thinking of pulling my money pretty damn soon. There are more viable investment propositions out there; and as the Cadbury takeover showed recently, there is no room in business for sentiment.

Let's hope Unite wake up to the fact sooner rather than later that turkeys aren't supposed to vote for Christmas; maybe they'll save some jobs, instead of consigning the whole company to the dustbin.

Matt

i agree with that sentiment Matt

i would rather have a job that perhaps pays 1 or 2% less than it should, rather than no job at all!

The hilerious thing is that Ryanair are offering BA 5 of its jets to help them during the strike period. Some of the BA cabin crew should thank there lucky stars they dont have to crew for Ryanair... mind you, if they are going to carry on bleeding there company dry, its a good chance thats where they might end up!

Couldn't agree more Matt, and I think there's also another point here in all the seemingly non jobs created by this government. There's a small army of out reach coordinators, 5 a day coordinators, and all manner of ****ing coordinators. Looking at the Grauniad job sections some of the salaries on offer are eye wateringly huge, plus the benefits such as indexed linked pensions that go with the salaries. The drain on resources for council tax payers must be immense when I am sure most would prefer to have their roads gritted when required, rather than being treated to lectures on how to munch on a bunch of celery like a three toed ungulate.

I doubt if many cossetted in so many non jobs are going to vote against the goose that lays their golden egg anytime soon, and I'd like to see every useless one of them get out in the real world and get a proper job.

The current wave of strikes does seem eerily redolent of the industrial action which marked the dog-end of the Callaghan premiership in 1979. It has all the same feel of the "end of the era" / "end of the party" (in more sense than one) that the UK and the Labour government experienced back then.

The thing that bugs most people in the private sector is that public sector staff and union leaders seem to come on the telly and exclaim that public sector staff have a right to jobs, and a right to pay rises.

You don't.

Public sector jobs and pay rises are entirely dependent on the health of the private sector, since it is the taxes paid by the private sector which provides the revenues to fund public sector jobs. And when the private sector is struggling - as it is now - then the public sector also has to share the pain.

Most of the private sector hasn't had any sort of payrise for the last two years. Moreover, we have to accept redundancy as part of the economic reality of our jobs.
The way that the public sector carries on, you'd think that none of their jobs could ever be redundant - that there's somehow an inalienable right to their particular role in the UK.

As BA cabin crew (members of a private company who are clinging onto the ethos that they are somehow still a quasi-publicly owned body) will soon discover, if your company is losing money hand over fist, eventually you'll all be out of a job. You can either try and trim your sails now, or you can all scream "my rights" until your company goes bust.

I have to say that Unite's stance is as stupid an industrial position as I have seen in recent years. If I were a BA investor, I'd be thinking of pulling my money pretty damn soon. There are more viable investment propositions out there; and as the Cadbury takeover showed recently, there is no room in business for sentiment.

Let's hope Unite wake up to the fact sooner rather than later that turkeys aren't supposed to vote for Christmas; maybe they'll save some jobs, instead of consigning the whole company to the dustbin.

Matt

While i agree with the sentiment and the odd political de ja vue of the lates 70's (end of labour into Tory land ... my word its almost scripted )

The argument is just the same if you reverse private and public . The private mentality is dont rock the boat , ignore my rights , people who ar in a better (percieved ) position ARE better then me , and im lucky to have a job (?!? so your skills , experience etc didn't get you it just random chance and the benevolence of your betters )

Both of these attitudes are out of place . Both parties don't live in the mythical real world (business and share holders cant carry on expect inraising profits , people who work in isolation to society must be aware of their actions on the wide world and economy ) If you want the nice pretty things form society you pay for it , but you dont **** on everyone else constantly to get it or have more then you would ever need or use .

A company is made up of the people in it , not just "management " or the "workers" individuals that need to know their rights and their responsibility to themselves and the larger world outside it. If BA go bust it will be replaced . 5 years of larger unemployment lower fiances for the ex workers or new opportunities , that comes down to the those individuals .

Humanities been in existence for what 2 odd million years , and we're still so bloody tribal.

No one complains when firemen strike.

Perhaps the problem is that we don't value some occupations enough?

No one complains when firemen strike.

Perhaps the problem is that we don't value some occupations enough?

I know quite a few people that complained when the Firemen went on strike. ;)

(The same people magically found themselves in Iraq a few weeks later as well...)

It's all our fault anyway.

Why is the country in **** street? Coz the banks screwed up royally. And when I say banks, I mean those that make the decisions, lend money indiscrimantly and the like. If the banks hadn't gone belly up there would be no recession.

At point is, and it should be something we all agree on as none of us (as far as I can tell) are big city bankers or senior civil servants or MPs is that it is the litle man who gets **** on.

Its people like us. Whether you call yourself working class or not is irrelevant. At the end of the day we all do the stuff that needs to be done. Whether that is collecting tax, depositing money into bank accounts, making boxes, repairing cars or whatever. It is all our jobs, all our salaries and all our terms and conditions.

Being in a union I can, when the needs be, stand up to protect what I have. Those that aren't can't (and I know some work in non-unionised organisation).

Put it like this. If someone was to tell you that they were going to come round your house and steal your telly you'd do something about it, wouldn't you? It's no different to when an employer tells you they are ripping up your terms and conditions and are replacing them with worse.

Put it like this. If someone was to tell you that they were going to come round your house and steal your telly you'd do something about it, wouldn't you? It's no different to when an employer tells you they are ripping up your terms and conditions and are replacing them with worse.

Depends on what you think of your telly, A number of people would make sure that the telly was the only thing they could take, then claim on the insurance and get a new telly.....

How many of those who are opposed to the strikes / unions are in an industry where

A) there is no Union representation or Union representation is actively discouraged

B) in an job that does the standard 9-5 with little need for any safety concerns

Put it like this. If someone was to tell you that they were going to come round your house and steal your telly you'd do something about it, wouldn't you?

I'd start thinking about how many Picassos and Faberge eggs to include on my insurance claim.

Back