• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
This seems to pop up from time to time about our strikers not having an actual striking coach. Graham Coughlan taking striking drills and having PB as our manager who is allegedly a defensive expert, who should take our strikers for the drills? Have we ever actually had a coach who would work with our strikers? I don't remember us ever having one specifically but do you think we could benefit from having one? We have people in roles we have no clue as to what we do surely we need a striking coach as its been noticed as our strikers struggle.

Ian Wright used to part time at MK Dons as their striking coach, don't know why the club don't do something similar. Maybe offer an ex striker looking at getting into coaching that chance.

When I watch shooting practice prior to a match the need for a shooting coach often crosses my mind. Then reality kicks in. If PB has not added a striking coach to his management team by now, then he's not going to.

The strikers would love the chance to shoot....our problem is patterns of play which lead to goal scoring opportunities....we do not do this very well at all.

I can remember that Scott it was a open top bus we had a right party on there Damien playing the music with the big speakers and we went on a guided tour round London before the game and all the chinks taking photos of us

Does anyone know if any part-time coach needs to be qualified? Would a Stan Collymore or an Ian Wright (or a David Crown) be able to rock up and do a two hour session with the strikers nowadays without having any coaching badges?

Back