• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart Ashby RIP

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Many people here will be aware that long time Southend United fan Stuart Ashby passed away on 10th November at the age of 73 from Covid at Worthing Hospital in Sussex. ?

A real top bloke, it was always a pleasure to see Stuart at Southend games in his usual place outside the players entrance before games, camera in hand taking pictures as he has done at Roots Hall for so many years.

Stuart loved his real ale, Brighton & Hove Albion, Southend United and Sussex County Cricket Club & I always enjoyed chatting to him about football and cricket - two sports he loved & was both passionate and extremely knowledgable about.

Stuart’s funeral will take place on Tuesday 14th December at 12.30 at St Mary de Haura, Shoreham by Sea, Sussex. Shoreham Station is 4 minutes away from the church.

RIP Stuart ?

Attachments

• AC41CF0E-5CAB-4227-B549-BCE8AB0B501C.jpeg
    AC41CF0E-5CAB-4227-B549-BCE8AB0B501C.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 75
Knew him very well. A very dedicated fan who got the train from Brighton to watch Southend as often as he could. Was a season ticket holder in the east for the last 5 years or so but had been coming to matches a lot longer.

I very much doubt there isn't a Southend United player from the last 30 years or so that hadn't posed for a photograph and then been presented with the photo at the next opportunity for them to sign.

RIP Stuart. Your enthusiasm and friendly manner will be much missed.

I did not have the pleasure of knowing Stuart personally but I had seen him at several games over the years and his support will be missed.

Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

Last edited:
Back