• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stuart o keefe injured

Oh for ****s sake! This is getting ridiculous now!! Not only will Tilly and Brush need to get their boots on, but at this rate we could have the ignominy of Scriv as midfield kingpin in front of the Sky cameras!

Show's what a deep squad we have. We lose three central midfielders but we can still field a central midfield of Christophe and Moussa.

I know I'm likely to be repremanded for saying this BUT Freedman playing CM would be a good option at this point. he doesn't have the legs to play upfront but he can still pick a pass. sitting in the middle of the park creating chances for others might be right up his alley.

I know I'm likely to be repremanded for saying this BUT Freedman playing CM would be a good option at this point. he doesn't have the legs to play upfront but he can still pick a pass. sitting in the middle of the park creating chances for others might be right up his alley

You know what that is not such a bad idea

I know I'm likely to be repremanded for saying this BUT Freedman playing CM would be a good option at this point. he doesn't have the legs to play upfront but he can still pick a pass. sitting in the middle of the park creating chances for others might be right up his alley.

How about the defensive side of the game?

Partnered with Christophe, not a problem.

Just look at the Christophe/Sawyer partnership that had us all drooling last season

Yes it would be a problem.

You can't compare the work 19 year old Lee Sawyer did to the amount of work that 119 year old Dougie Freedman would be capable of doing. Combined with Christophe's tendency to play deep, you'd be completely surrendering the midfield.

Christophe might be able to track midfield runners, but he can't do the closing down work of 2 players, and any team could then just pass it around him.

fixitkid said:

You know what that is not such a bad idea

Partnered with Christophe, not a problem.

Just look at the Christophe/Sawyer partnership that had us all drooling last season

Comments like this make me cringe, and yet we still get people trying to tell Tilly where to play players, and what formation we use. The comments above are a prime example of why we should just let Tilly get on with doing the job to the best of his ability. He knows far more than anyone on here about setting up our team, so why don't we just let him get on with it....

Dear me, agree with billericay blue and yorkshire blue, he would be a wasted player in midfield, you need much more stamina, pace, acceleration and strength along with other pysical attributes when playing in midfield, than what Freedman has, possibly more than what the average striker needs.

We have had to play players out of position and change things around to many times this season, I will really loose faith in Tilly if he ever trys this one!

Comments like this make me cringe, and yet we still get people trying to tell Tilly where to play players, and what formation we use. The comments above are a prime example of why we should just let Tilly get on with doing the job to the best of his ability. He knows far more than anyone on here about setting up our team, so why don't we just let him get on with it....

Is that the reason we played so well in the first half against Swindon. I don't believe one player in our midfield knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Why shouldn't people have opinions about who should play and where. Let's face it it will be ST who picks the team anyway so everyone has an opinion.
I for one wish to God that we had Lee Sawyer now. He was a better player than just about everyone in our current midfield yet hardly had a kick. Whose choice ?? ST

I'm just glad that RM has sold just about everything we had so we don't have to speculate too much about who or what's going next.

Anyway the team just about picks itself now doesn't it. With Walker going I think most squad members are automatic selections !

Is that the reason we played so well in the first half against Swindon. I don't believe one player in our midfield knew what they were supposed to be doing.

So lets put a striker in there who cant run, thats bound to help !?

Tilson in my opinion made an error in that tactic but that in no way validates playing freedman in midfield.

Why shouldn't people have opinions about who should play and where. Let's face it it will be ST who picks the team anyway so everyone has an opinion.
I for one wish to God that we had Lee Sawyer now. He was a better player than just about everyone in our current midfield yet hardly had a kick. Whose choice ?? ST.

And the right choice too, if "Asbo"'s attitude was a bad as it was, why should we keep hold of someone just because they have talent if they show the club, and also us supporters a lack of respect.

I'm just glad that RM has sold just about everything we had so we don't have to speculate too much about who or what's going next.

Anyway the team just about picks itself now doesn't it. With Walker going I think most squad members are automatic selections !

Yeah because Revell Betsy and Walker were playing such a huge part.

Barnard was down to Barnard, he wanted to leave so aim you blame at him.

And as for automatic selections, we have 3 good centrebacks now, 3 choices for up front. Two left backs, two right backs, 4 central midfielders.

Only place we really lack options is out wide.

Still why put that in the way of a good old moan.

So lets put a striker in there who cant run, thats bound to help !?

Tilson in my opinion made an error in that tactic but that in no way validates playing freedman in midfield.

When did I suggest playing Freedman in Midfield ?? You should read more carefully as I think you may be confusing posts. ST must know he made a bad choice on Saturday and tried to correct it in the second half to his credit. But I can't think of a game where I saw so many confused faces on the players especially Simon Francis who was totally lost.

And the right choice too, if "Asbo"'s attitude was a bad as it was, why should we keep hold of someone just because they have talent if they show the club, and also us supporters a lack of respect.

How did Lee Sawyer EVER show the supporters a lack of respect ? I'd imagine if any player with such talent was forced to sit on the bench and watch less committed and talented players picked ahead of them then they too would get pee'd off. And how on earth do you know what his attitude was like ???

Yeah because Revell Betsy and Walker were playing such a huge part.

Strange how Betsy probably looked one of the better players on the pitch against us.

Barnard was down to Barnard, he wanted to leave so aim you blame at him.

Wonder if RM will think £175,000 was a good deal if we get relegated ??

And as for automatic selections, we have 3 good centrebacks now, 3 choices for up front. Two left backs, two right backs, 4 central midfielders.

Opinion as to whether what we have is good enough. And against ColU with the 2 loanees unavailable it just highlights how the loan system can come back and bite you. Yes we have more selection but we have never addressed the problems of wide players since Mark Gower left.

Only place we really lack options is out wide.

Still why put that in the way of a good old moan.

Wonder if you'll think life's so rosy in the months to come ?? Still ever the optimist.

Wonder if you'll think life's so rosy in the months to come ?? Still ever the optimist.

Actually I think we are extremely mediocre and having our worst season in many years, however I dont see the reason to sit here blaming Ron Martin or Steve Tilson for things outside of his control.

We have not sold anyone we didnt need other than Barnard, who we were unable to keep.

Weve also got in some decent players in the last week and our squad, Barnard aside looks healthier than it has done all season.

Plus we just got a lad in from Arsenal.

Why look for the bad in everything....

Last edited:
Actually I think we are extremely mediocre and having our worst season in many years, however I dont see the reason to sit here blaming Ron Martin or Steve Tilson for things outside of his control.

We have not sold anyone we didnt need other than Barnard, who we were unable to keep.

Weve also got in some decent players in the last week and our squad, Barnard aside looks healthier than it has done all season.

Plus we just got a lad in from Arsenal.

Why look for the bad in everything....
Got to agree,we are looking much more solid, shame about the run of injuries and Macca out, but get him back, and i can see us start to pull away from the relegation zone.Credit where credits due to the managment, they have done a lot better than i thought, and shut a few critics up, including me.

Back