• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart Wardley

Dreams

Coach
Was a class act at QPR and was scouted my big teams! Got 1 bad injury and things haven't been right since! QPR dropped him and has now been released by Rushden! Given a chance he will be class again and he scores goals from midfield!! Well worth a trial and a year contract in my opinion!!

I'll try find out what his plans are as he is originally from my village and know some of his mates from the past!

Definately, a great player - scored over 20 goals in one season from midfield for QPR didnt he in that good season??

I'd really like to have him here, though in my opinion, if players like that are released, there is a reason! Cannot see people lining up for Steven Clark!!

Who was that "class" player we had a couple of years back... Michael Black?

Played champions league for Asenal at 17... got a bad injury... went to Swansea... couldn't get regular place... ended up with us for half a season and did naff all apart from score one goal IIRC.

As pboreham says, there is always a reason.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 14 2004,11:19)]As pboreham says, there is always a reason.
Indeed, only last summer Brentford released a forward because he wasn't scoring enough goals for them, Leon Constantine I believe his name was.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 14 2004,11:19)]Who was that "class" player we had a couple of years back... Michael Black?  

Played champions league for Asenal at 17... got a bad injury... went to Swansea... couldn't get regular place... ended up with us for half a season and did naff all apart from score one goal IIRC.
...ended up playing for Barking for a while, what a comedown that must've been in front of 150 people...where is he now, I believe he's gone to a half~decent non-league side

Possibly been released now because Rushden are having to reduce their wage bill massively aren't they?

Like I say I think a trial is definately needed! 20 goals from midfield in the first division, i reckon he would cut it in the third!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 14 2004,11:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 14 2004,11:19)]As pboreham says, there is always a reason.
Indeed, only last summer Brentford released a forward because he wasn't scoring enough goals for them, Leon Constantine I believe his name was.
I dont disagree that there are some exceptions. It used to be that players got free transfers because they were not good enough - now days, money is a bigger factor IMO.

Connie has done nothing apart from this season with us and there are doubts wether he can do it again in the future. I hope he does of course, but some clubs are not prepared to take that chance.

If we give Connie a 2 year deal now on more money and he only gets 5 goals next year, will it be money well spent? On the other hand, would we release Connie on a free now (i.e. like Wardley) - no way, it would be madness - he's proved to be a good player this year.

What I am saying is that for whatever reason, Rushden dont fancy Wardley for next year - is it because he isnt good enough, too expensive, bad attitude?

Ah b******s, I've lost what I was saying... you get the drift!
biggrin.gif

I thought this post wsa about Shane Wardley first of all and was all ready to post about him playing non-league using my Havant watching knowledge. Alas, it isn't

Anyone remember the other Wardley? King of the half time keepy uppies

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 14 2004,11:57)]I thought this post wsa about Shane Wardley first of all and was all ready to post about him playing non-league using my Havant watching knowledge.  Alas, it isn't

Anyone remember the other Wardley?  King of the half time keepy uppies
Yep I remember him - and I too thought this topic was about him... and was gobsmacked that anyone would want him back!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 14 2004,11:19)]Who was that "class" player we had a couple of years back... Michael Black?  

As pboreham says, there is always a reason.
... and recently sometimes got picked for Billericay.

Back