• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Another defeat yet for whatever reason Phil will not change it and it's now become ridiculous .

2 months ago we looked capable of securing an auto spot but that has long since gone and now we are in grave danger of being mid table as the pack hunt us down.

Game after game slips by whilst Phil sticks to his same old same old and it don't bloody work as other clubs now out fox us illustrated by the defeat at out of sorts Morecambe.

I have been banging on for several weeks now regarding the lack of mobility up front and sadly this has come home to haunt us is spectacular style as this team cannot score more than one goal whilst failing to keep the opposition out.

Imagine if we had a player who had banged in 15 up top we would possibly be in with a shout of the title,Hurst had done his bit yet sadly the men who are paid to score have failed again and again.

Give Williams a start Phil and cut down on your TV stuff.

Another defeat yet for whatever reason Phil will not change it and it's now become ridiculous .

2 months ago we looked capable of securing an auto spot but that has long since gone and now we are in grave danger of being mid table as the pack hunt us down.

Game after game slips by whilst Phil sticks to his same old same old and it don't bloody work as other clubs now out fox us illustrated by the defeat at out of sorts Morecambe.

I have been banging on for several weeks now regarding the lack of mobility up front and sadly this has come home to haunt us is spectacular style as this team cannot score more than one goal whilst failing to keep the opposition out.

Imagine if we had a player who had banged in 15 up top we would possibly be in with a shout of the title,Hurst had done his bit yet sadly the men who are paid to score have failed again and again.

I take it you didn't go to Morecombe as your "banging on" is not correct. The cause of our loss was not up front but more a loss of heart and players being bullied and harried/second to the ball. Our midfield and passing was shocking for the last 30 minutes.
Both Hurst and Straker may as well have stayed in the dressing room at half time; partly their own fault but also when the subs where made they only recieved head high balls sent by telegram from the back.

I take it you didn't go to Morecombe as your "banging on" is not correct. The cause of our loss was not up front but more a loss of heart and players being bullied and harried/second to the ball. Our midfield and passing was shocking for the last 30 minutes.
Both Hurst and Straker may as well have stayed in the dressing room at half time; partly their own fault but also when the subs where made they only recieved head high balls sent by telegram from the back.

The midfield has no out ball and I did not go either!

I have to agree with this post, Brown inability to change things around or make the right changes when things are going wrong staggers me. If I was Clifford, laird, Williams, Payne I would be royally ****ed off at the moment. They could all argue that they deserve a run in the side, yet game after game he sticks with the same team. The players are letting themselves and the club down but so are the management team. Brown has a win ratio of 30% in his career, that will not get you promoted out of this league. He needs to grow a pair, drop some players and give people a kick up the back side. As good as Prosser has been those that are pinning our future success on his return are way off the mark. If we create and score at the other end then there wouldn't be so much pressure on the back four whoever they are. This squad is good enough we all know that based on the season prior to the hull game, yet for some reason it's gone wrong and that's browns responsibility to find the right answers and formulas to get us back on track. I would question if he has the ability to do so.

It is so frustrating that a team that is not producing keeps being selected, week after week. I don't get how PB blasts them from time to time and talks about shake ups and then still sticks the same one out! Time for some changes otherwise we are going to be dropping out of the play offs - that comfortable cushion has now disappeared.

When we were close to getting an automatic spot he was still doing loads of media work! Him cutting down on that isn't going to help the team, this has been discussed so many times before and has no affect on the team, I don't know why you have brought it up again!

When we were close to getting an automatic spot he was still doing loads of media work! Him cutting down on that isn't going to help the team, this has been discussed so many times before and has no affect on the team, I don't know why you have brought it up again!

As you have never played football it's best you stick too knitting .

You'd best stick to playing football. Spelling clearly isn't your strong point. As we know, the impression given is that footballers are mainly thick, you prove that point :winking:

I think Ricey makes a good point though, PB has been doing media work all season so this dip in form isn't really related

You'd best stick to playing football. Spelling clearly isn't your strong point. As we know, the impression given is that footballers are mainly thick, you prove that point :winking:

I think Ricey makes a good point though, PB has been doing media work all season so this dip in form isn't really related

You swine!

ok I am slightly thick as little point saying it was a typo:winking:

There is a big difference to playing football and understanding football. Even a lot of professional footballers lack the necessary grey between their ears to fully understand every aspect of the game.

However, you have repeatedly put yourself up as an expert because you play and also talk to other players. If that is the pedigree required then PB should know a great deal more about the game than you or your friends but still you question his ability.

I too question his decisions at times, as I have done with every manger that has ever graced our club during the time I have supported them, but I am merely expressing an opinion and not trying to be seen as the expert. I am sure that on occasion I am right but I certainly would not belittle a fellow forum member in the manner you choose to do. Mainly because in your effort to belittle you actually make yourself sound a complete arse.

There is a big difference to playing football and understanding football. Even a lot of professional footballers lack the necessary grey between their ears to fully understand every aspect of the game.

However, you have repeatedly put yourself up as an expert because you play and also talk to other players. If that is the pedigree required then PB should know a great deal more about the game than you or your friends but still you question his ability.

I too question his decisions at times, as I have done with every manger that has ever graced our club during the time I have supported them, but I am merely expressing an opinion and not trying to be seen as the expert. I am sure that on occasion I am right but I certainly would not belittle a fellow forum member in the manner you choose to do. Mainly because in your effort to belittle you actually make yourself sound a complete arse.

For your info Ricey has been hassling me for some time so I thought I would try and get my own back.

I have never said I am an expert just voicing my view so that make's you an arse then!

YAWN! Constructive as ever.

Okay just for you,

If the team were playing fairly well and picking up the odd win here and there then if Phil wants to become a media star that is his choice however the team are in free fall and how many times this week has he been on the radio or TV?,He should be looking at talent from non league IMO as this club is supposedly cash strapped.

For your info Ricey has been hassling me for some time so I thought I would try and get my own back.

I have never said I am an expert just voicing my view so that make's you an arse then!

From what I've seen, it's been the other way around - and we've been watching it pretty closely. Nothing wrong with strong opinions Mrs B but you rarely seem to appreciate it when someone challenges them. Stick to the debates. Cut out the personal stuff please.

Very true I'm afraid. Equally importantly, it also undermines the points you make as most on here are expecting you to be scratchy and will therefore ignore your points which sometimes are very valid.

Okay I get the message that sometimes I can come across as a bit too much but no bloke will never put me down.

Okay I get the message that sometimes I can come across as a bit too much but no bloke will never put me down.

Fair enough, but this is a SUFC discussion website not a battle of the sexes one.

Back