• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuff that scared you as a kid...

My headmaster who patrolled the playground with his cane up his left sleeve and his alsatian on a long lead from his right hand.

Never get away with it these days with all the politically correct and do-gooders.

Daleks from Dr Who. We had a black and white telly when I first watched this and it scared the s***e out of me as a kid
Strange as I still to this day have some fear of them

Play Safe - Frisbee - YouTube

Growing in the 70s in South Woodham Ferrers when the majority of the town was being built the place was one big building site. As a consequence the building companies produced a load of safety films which were shown to us at school. They were pretty gruesome and were supposed to scare us. It had the opposite effect and made adventures around the building sites a lot more interesting trying to re create what we had seen in the earlier film!

As a young kid, I wasn’t allowed to watch Doctor Who but somehow I caught a ten minute snippet of the Horns of Nimon. I was seven. And I caught a bit just before the closing terror-music kicked in! I couldn’t go upstairs in the dark for at least three years after!

Who am I kidding?
STILL CAN’T!!!

AA74A99C-5AA8-48B9-A3E2-130610B00534.jpeg

Mid 60's there used to be a series on BBC at tea time called 'Tales from Europe', which usually involved evil dwarfs, hideous Witch's & shape changing serpents etc.
How they got away with broadcasting it at that time, i'll never know?. Had more than 1 nightmare after watching those!.

And a testament to the wonderful acting of Michael Sheard

I had a teacher in secondary school (I won’t say his name) who was identical to this and always picked on me in science class. When the class got loud he would line us up against the wall and throw the blackboard rubber at us.

Daleks from Dr Who. We had a black and white telly when I first watched this and it scared the s***e out of me as a kid
Strange as I still to this day have some fear of them

Definitely the Daleks on Doctor Who, but also the Yetis in the Underground. I have that series, The Web of Fear, which starred Patrick Troughton and introduces the Brigadier to the series on DVD. Unfortunately episode 3 is missing but they have replaced it with stills taken on set and the recorded soundtrack.

Definitely the Daleks on Doctor Who, but also the Yetis in the Underground. I have that series, The Web of Fear, which starred Patrick Troughton and introduces the Brigadier to the series on DVD. Unfortunately episode 3 is missing but they have replaced it with stills taken on set and the recorded soundtrack.

Remember the Brigadier when Jon Pertwee was the Dr, & they were up against the stone Devils in the churchyard!.

Back