• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stupid People

MrB

Life President
Just been to the cashpoint and after queueing for a minute I gave up when I realised that the guy in front was trying to deposit an envelope that contained coins. Tw*t.

Anyone else encountered any random acts of stupidity recently?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 23 2005,13:16)]Anyone else encountered any random acts of stupidity recently?
Me buying a ticket for Cardiff? I mean, we never win there...

down.gif

Have to admit - I was pruning a shrub in the garden and secateured my washing line. Of course there ain't enough to tie a knot
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 23 2005,13:16)]Just been to the cashpoint and after queueing for a minute I gave up when I realised that the guy in front was trying to deposit an envelope that contained coins. Tw*t.

Oh dear.

The thing that gets on my wick the most with cash machines is that whenever i use one, it takes me about 45 seconds and i'm done, yet when you're stuck behind somebody, they take a good 5 or 10 minutes.

Same with Banks.

The thing that ****es me off about cash machines, apart from when they charge you, is when you spend a few mins typing your pin number, looking at your balance, then when you finally get round to selecting how much you want to withdraw it says the cash machine is empty!
mad.gif

I was sitting at the bus stop and some random old lady came upto me and said waiting for the bus are you?
rock.gif

The you've got the usual, ''where did you have them last'' quotes!

My sister in law Melanie.

1_

" Whenever i go for a curry i always have an upset tummy the next day, i think it might be the food" !!!!

2_

Background to story:
Western Australia's coastline is about 3,000 km's long

The Scene:
Sitting at Burns Beach on Sunday.
Was at Mullaloo beach the day before ( about 10 mins away )

Melanie: " Is this still the same Ocean as yesterday"

f**kwit
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ May 23 2005,13:16)]Just been to the cashpoint and after queueing for a minute I gave up when I realised that the guy in front was trying to deposit an envelope that contained coins. Tw*t.

Well I'm sure they used to take coins!

mad.gif

I'm sure I've posted this before but when I was a kid and the tide went out at Southend I was told, and believed, that the water went over to Kent. It only recently dawned on me that this was wrong.

I met someone who had been told (and truly believed!) that the numbers on Chinese takeway menus were standard throughout the world. He thought that you could go into any takeaway in the world, order a (say) 43 and recieve the same dish.

We had a classic at work the other day. Dave is a guy I work with and we have to speak to India quite often. Dave was trying to get India to understand his name, the conversation went something like this

Dave - My name is David
India - Sorry I don't understand
Dave - David
India - Sorry, can you repeat that
Dave (under his breath) - Oh FFS
Dave - I'll spell it out, D as in (thinks for a little while but nothing readily springs to mind, then the little lightbulb comes on), D as in David.....

The rest of the desk collectively wet itself

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 24 2005,10:18)]I'm sure I've posted this before but when I was a kid and the tide went out at Southend I was told, and believed, that the water went over to Kent. It only recently dawned on me that this was wrong.
You're not alone on that one. I used to think that too. Totally logical for a 5 year old brain that one!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ May 24 2005,16:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 24 2005,10:18)]I'm sure I've posted this before but when I was a kid and the tide went out at Southend I was told, and believed, that the water went over to Kent. It only recently dawned on me that this was wrong.
You're not alone on that one. I used to think that too. Totally logical for a 5 year old brain that one!
wink.gif
How silly. Everyone knows that it's due to plate tectonics in the Thames.

To be honest, at university, you do get shielded from quite a lot of stupidity. That's not to say we're rolling in common sense.

In the first year, some bloke from the next corridor had crumpets in the toaster and they didn't pop. Obviously, cos no-one would ever tell you otherwise, the best option is to use a knife to fish them out. Cue the whole block losing electricity and finding out what happened wondering how he could be so stupid and putting the electricity back on.

I say the whole block, I mean the whole block except one who proceeds to start fishing round with the knife again for his crumpet causing the power to go a second time.

Haven't seen him for three years and by the law of averages he must be a) dead and b) on the Darwin awards somewhere.

we have several stupid ones at our uni, including one who thought that when the library began to stay open 24 hours a day, that meant you had to go there for 24 hours, so they stopped going.

but the best was the girl who believed anything. we told her the capital of the Arctic was a Polar Bear, with a sign round its neck saying "Capital". after about 5 months, we told her it wasn't true, and she said "oh, but i told my mum that!" sad thing is, she was well on course to get a 1st, before she cleverly decided to drop out.

During a particular drinken night down in The Crooked Billet in Old Leigh we convinced a friend who lived in Barling that an "outer M25 ring road" was to pass through her village and down through Shoeburyness to a huge bridge over the Thames to Sheerness. Her face was a picture of desolation but we thought nothing more of it until about a month later when she bounded into the pub and announced that she'd "made a killing" and managed to attract a bid on her house way above what she had expected. The silly bint had only put her house on the market and was DAYS AWAY from accepting a bid! Luckily we managed to convince her to take her house of the market.
Ironically I heard recently that there ARE plans to build a bridge over the Thames near Southend?

She has form though.

A few years earlier - and long before McDonald's swamped the town - when there was that shallow pit of land in Southchurch Road opposite the old Swinton's Insurance building, we convinced her that it was going to be the site of a new, innovative drive-thru McDonalds with a car-wash and valeting service. She was most disappointed when it turned out to be (I think) retirement flats ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 24 2005,17:23)]To be honest, at university, you do get shielded from quite a lot of stupidity.  
Yeah, right!

rock.gif

Back