• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stupidity of football and agents

Napster

No ⭐
Just had an email from Barnet FC informing me about a young winger currently available.

Firstly: the agent just emailed info@barnetfc and emailed it for the Attention of Giuliano Grazioli, so I assume there has been no contact beforehand?
Second: AFC Wimbledon for a trial? He's just emailed Barnet
Third: Barnet have just emailed it to me - I'm 'Paul' in their address book - without any comments.

Dear Giuliano Grazioli

Currently I am representing Donovan Simmonds, a striker/winger formerly of Coventry and Kilmarnock

Donovan is currently out of contract and looking for a new club, I have attached his CV for you to take a look at.

Please contact me on 0******** to discuss any possibilities of Donovan coming down to AFC Wimbledon for a trial.

Ps Please be aware that the statistical information on wikipedia is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact the respective clubs to confirm.

Kind Regards

Jamie Sanneh

Now, I could let Barnet know theyve emailed it to me, I could inform Southend about this guy. Or I could let Donovan know that his agent is a beer short of a sixpack.

Thoughts?

Plus they've emailed over his CV. Interesting format. Currently at Dover

PLAYING PROFILE

Donovan has always enjoyed good goal scoring seasons when coming through the ranks at Charlton and then Coventry.

His goal scoring form dipped once he started getting good first team action in the SPL with Kilmarnock yet this can be accounted to Donovan frequently being played on the wing. A position Kilmarnock often trusted Donovan in, in games against the likes of Rangers and Celtic.

Due to an unfortunate injury Donovan had to miss some time and fell to the lower leagues in order to regain his fitness and form.

In 2010 Donovan regained that form by leading the line at Nuneaton Town, where he notched up several braces in his four months at the club.

In December 2011, Donovan decided to move closer to Dover where he and Adam Birchall formed a deadly partnership.

This season with Donovan starting as the main striker he notched 7 goals in 8 games to help propel Dover as a promotion contender. However an injury kept him out of the line-up for a few weeks which led to a change in formation.

Once Donovan returned to the team he was installed on the wing where he enjoyed some of his best football, earning the praises of local papers and opposing managers.

Ability Analysis

Athletic Attributes
• Explosive pace; often beats defenders from his first two strides.
• Good strength; although he does not have the build or power of a target man he possesses a good and stable core that allows himself to fend off defenders.
• Good stamina; frequently known as one of the fitter members of any squad.

Attacking Attributes
• Clinical finisher.
• Good in 1v1 scenarios.
• Excellent first touch and dribbling ability.
• A good passer of the ball.
• Strong weaker foot.

Defensive Attributes
• Good at tracking back; has shown this ability this season when used on the wing.
• Works tirelessly closing opponents down in their half.

Intangibles
• Very Intelligent forward with the ability to bring others into the game.
• Good reactions and good movement.
• Works his socks off for the entire 90 minutes whether he is having a good game or bad game.
• Creates a lot of opportunities for teammates on and off the ball.

PLAYER PROFILE

Full Name Donovan Simmonds
Date Of Birth 12-Oct-88
Passport / Nationality English / English
Position Striker
Right/Left foot Right Foot
Height 1.85m

Weight 70 kg
Marital Status Single
Contact Details +447*********

PLAYING CAREER

Club / Country Dates Appearances (Sub) Goals
DOVER ATHLETIC
2011 - Present 46 18
NUNEATON TOWN
2010 17 12
FLORIANA FC
2009 7 1
KILMARNOCK (LOAN)
2008 - 2009 24 (18) 1
COVENTRY CITY
2007 - 2009
CHARLTON ATHLETIC
1998 - 2007

Just had an email from Barnet FC informing me about a young winger currently available.

Firstly: the agent just emailed info@barnetfc and emailed it for the Attention of Giuliano Grazioli, so I assume there has been no contact beforehand?
Third: Barnet have just emailed it to me - I'm 'Paul' in their address book - without any comments.

Dear Giuliano Grazioli

Currently I am representing Donovan Simmonds, a striker/winger formerly of Coventry and Kilmarnock

Donovan is currently out of contract and looking for a new club, I have attached his CV for you to take a look at.

Please contact me on 0******** to discuss any possibilities of Donovan coming down to AFC Wimbledon for a trial.

Ps Please be aware that the statistical information on wikipedia is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact the respective clubs to confirm.

Kind Regards

Jamie Sanneh

Now, I could let Barnet know theyve emailed it to me, I could inform Southend about this guy. Or I could let Donovan know that his agent is a beer short of a sixpack.

Thoughts?

In fairness, the only mistake the agent has made is to copy and paste an email he has obviously sent to every club in League 2 (and probably the BSP), and forgotten to change the club name.

Obviously Barnet have erred in sending a reply to you and not his agent.

In fairness, the only mistake the agent has made is to copy and paste an email he has obviously sent to every club in League 2 (and probably the BSP), and forgotten to change the club name.

Obviously Barnet have erred in sending a reply to you and not his agent.

Maybe but it's not rocket science is it?

And I must have been mixed up with Paul Fairclough. :stunned:

ps I have emailed Barnet, and they have thanked me for pointing it out, and apologised to me.
pps I have also emailed Scriven to see if PS is interested. :winking:

Maybe but it's not rocket science is it?

And I must have been mixed up with Paul Fairclough. :stunned:

ps I have emailed Barnet, and they have thanked me for pointing it out, and apologised to me.
pps I have also emailed Scriven to see if PS is interested. :winking:

Good call Naps he could be available for The Tour. :unsure:

I might add "will work my socks off during office hours" to my CV

I used to have explosive pace and clinical finisher on my CV however I removed these attributes after an interviewer at a tier one investment bank called my bluff and asked me to provide a demonstration.

Dear Giuliano Grazioli

Kind Regards

Jamie Sanneh

Thoughts?

LOL.

1. Why not correct it?
2. Surely managers use a slightly more authoritative source than wiki - like Football Manager for instance.

Back