• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock confirms Bilel exit

Evening Echo

The News
PAUL Sturrock has confirmed Bilel Mohsni will not be coming back to Southend United, even if he fails to join a new club.

More...

Is it so well said or even necessary to be said. As far as I am aware it was only Bilel that had publicly said he would not return to Roots Hall and that for me says he has breached his contract and the club would have had strong grounds not to pay him. Now, with Luggy adding his ten penneth, Bilel can roll up to the ground making himself available and draw pay and it is the club who are refusing to use him.

Is it so well said or even necessary to be said. As far as I am aware it was only Bilel that had publicly said he would not return to Roots Hall and that for me says he has breached his contract and the club would have had strong grounds not to pay him. Now, with Luggy adding his ten penneth, Bilel can roll up to the ground making himself available and draw pay and it is the club who are refusing to use him.

You haven't read Sturrock's comments properly:

"Bilel Mohsni is back in France and is committed to moving on,” said Blues boss Sturrock.

“If he has that mentality then I don’t want him around the place."

Seems to me PS's stance is that while Mohsni wants to leave he is not welcome round the club. I think that approach will make sense to the vast majority of fans. The only exceptions are likely to be the consistent moaners, of which you are one, that post on this site.

You haven't read Sturrock's comments properly:

"Bilel Mohsni is back in France and is committed to moving on,” said Blues boss Sturrock.

“If he has that mentality then I don’t want him around the place."

Seems to me PS's stance is that while Mohsni wants to leave he is not welcome round the club. I think that approach will make sense to the vast majority of fans. The only exceptions are likely to be the consistent moaners, of which you are one, that post on this site.
Consistent moaner? Nice. Yes I express my opinions as I believe we are entitled to and of course you have expressed yours, however unnecessary or childish your personalised opinion has to be.

Moshni I feel has been badly advised but I think PS is right with his stance. As fans we only want to see players who want to play for us and put in 100% (something that was lacking from some on Saturday).

Of course the best thing for Moshni would have been putting in a good shift for us and showing other clubs what he can do. He has made an educated gamble which will or won't pay off.

Have to say I think he is a great player but his attitude is lousy. There is no loyalty anymore in football sadly.

What does grate is we are paying his wages, money we could be using elsewhere. The dilemma is to cancel his registration or do what we are doing with a view to getting a fee.

Well done for PS for standing his ground on this.

The club is bigger than any player

UTB

I see a problem with this. If we release Mohsni or fail to pay him based on his contract, then whoever makes an approach to him will get him on a free. So in essence we will still have to pay him, whether he plays or not, until someone comes in and buy him. Let's just hope this gets solved before August 31 or we'll have Paterson all over again.

West Ham would be loving this if they are really interested in him.

They should of accepted west hams bid instead of being so greedy
Why pay him to sit in France doing f all

Surely he is being fined his wages every week for non attendance , after all he's the one who said he wont play for SUFC again and is sulking in France . If this is the case we can hold out for a bid that is acceptable to us , its costing us nothing in the meantime .

Surely he is being fined his wages every week for non attendance , after all he's the one who said he wont play for SUFC again and is sulking in France . If this is the case we can hold out for a bid that is acceptable to us , its costing us nothing in the meantime .

It costs us his wages still. Fines are paid to the PFA I believe, we would still have to pay him. Otherwise clubs would have an incentive to fine players for the wrong reasons.

I suggest it's worth paying his wages until the end of the window (so we can get a fee for him), then letting him go free, cos we won't get anything for someone who's not played for 8 months, which will be the case by the time the January window opens.

Massive mistake IMHO in not taking £150k for someone who initially cost us nothing less than 2 years ago and won't play for us again.

I'd have him back in a flash after our last couple of games. We can't keep reverting to sticking Creswell up top everytime we go 1-0 down. Mohsni would do the bizz. Such a shame he burnt his bridges really.

I'd have him back in a flash after our last couple of games. We can't keep reverting to sticking Creswell up top everytime we go 1-0 down. Mohsni would do the bizz. Such a shame he burnt his bridges really.

It surely can't be a coincidence that these poor displays coincide with losing our three best players. Grant to Stevenage, Bilel to agent's hyperbole (probably) and Hall to indifference. I can't see a replacement in our current squad for any of them.

Good reporting by the Echo, & great use of the HUGE word of "IF" by PS in his commentary. "IF"s mean that things CAN change and are not at a conclusion.

Back