• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angell Delight

Life President
Fully believe now that Freddy wasn't a Sturrock signing. How on earth can he leave a player like Freddy on the bench today, it beggars belief and it annoys me that we are seemingly going to use such a talented and creative player so sparingly whilst bringing on untried kids like Clarke-Harris ahead of him. If it carries on I can see the fans getting frustrated and Sturrock coming in for some criticism. So, so frustrating - I'd love to see Eastwood, Assombalonga and Tomlin in that side together but it looks like Freddy won't last long here under PS.

Fully believe now that Freddy wasn't a Sturrock signing. How on earth can he leave a player like Freddy on the bench today, it beggars belief and it annoys me that we are seemingly going to use such a talented and creative player so sparingly whilst bringing on untried kids like Clarke-Harris ahead of him. If it carries on I can see the fans getting frustrated and Sturrock coming in for some criticism. So, so frustrating - I'd love to see Eastwood, Assombalonga and Tomlin in that side together but it looks like Freddy won't last long here under PS.

I was thinking same thing. Can't belive Freddy didn't get on the pitch today!

Sturrock aint going to get away with it at home on Tues and Sat. I sit reasonably close to the dugouts and shall be stirring the masses to get freddie on when we need him - though the legend should be starting ffs.

The reason he didn't bring Eastwood on is that he wanted to give Clarke-Harris a go and then wanted an aerial presence at the end.

We needed a player of his quality on the pitch today, bad move bringing on an unexperienced player when pushing for the win.

Sturrock aint going to get away with it at home on Tues and Sat. I sit reasonably close to the dugouts and shall be stirring the masses to get freddie on when we need him - though the legend should be starting ffs.
Yes we need him, Sturrock should understand that sometimes its better to put up and shout up!

Agree. I bet every other manager in this league would love to have Freddy in their side.

The side we have been putting out so far has been totally reliant on one player (the brilliant Assombalonga) scoring goals. Very worrying especially as his not even ours. If he doesnt have a good game then we just dont score.

Maybe we can't afford to play him due to hefty appearance bonuses?

Hadn't considered this really, but if true, why not save his appearances for games like this, instead of playing him against Barnet which was a game we could have expected to win fairly easily. Unless we're saving his appearances for home games to get the maximum amount of time of him in front of home fans. Either way - sucks that he isn't playing more. If this really was a PR stunt I can see it rapidly going wrong if Freddy doesn't play more often.

Madness, we couldn't string 2 passes together all game today and our best holder of the ball sits on his arse for 90 minutes.

it makes no sense not to start with eastwood,and is this on loan kid realy better than our kids i think not, bentely did ok, woodyard did ok

As much as I like Tomlin with his workrate and attacking play, to go 11 games as a forward without scoring (don't count the penalty), is shocking.

We are too reliant on Britt, and we need Eastwood to be given a chance, put Tomilin out on the wing.

Doesn't look like Corr will be coming back anytime soon either does it! :'(

I think given a choice PS would not have wanted to play Spicer today which would have left him the option in the last part of the game to make 3 changes that probably would have included Eastwood. Timlin's injury not only weakened the team but reduced his second half options. Would expect to see Freddy starting on Tuesday though

It was crying out for Eastwood to come on. We needed it played in to his feet to lay off wide or turn with pace. Even when they scored Phillips was stripped ready to come on but I would have sent on Freddy but Phillips still came on.

Back