• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chief Brodie

Hats off to the manager last night. We could also the ball wasnt sticking up front and Corr was needed. He made a crucial decision which probably got us through.
Not many premiership managers would have done that.

Also had Freddy and Bentley ready to come on just before Reeves scored. He's not afraid to make change that's for sure!

Please tell that to East Green. I had the misfortune to be sitting there last night and the negativity was shocking. Sturrock suffered lots of verbal abuse for bringing Corr on and was later called a nutcase by one so called supporter.

If we'd have gone two down he would have brought Corr on, so why wait. He doesnt always get it right but he did last night.

RM for Porper?

_56586413_harbour_porpoise_1.jpg

Can't see it myself, not a shred of luscious locks.

I think he has got it very wrong with this 4-5-1 formation lately and despite going us through last night, it was in theory another game we didn't win, however, sod the negativity.

I do agree that PS certainly is not afraid to make changes. Fair play to him about Freddy and Bentley, I wasn't aware of this. Also - a huge fair play to changing formation and introducing Corr after 35 minutes, he recognised that plan A was not working and this change was the key factor in our beloved Blues making a Wembley Final for the first time in our entire history!!!!
Players and the Gaffer earnt themselves a place in SUFC folklore last night :happy:

"WEM-BER-LEE, WEM-BER-LEE"

Please tell that to East Green. I had the misfortune to be sitting there last night and the negativity was shocking. Sturrock suffered lots of verbal abuse for bringing Corr on and was later called a nutcase by one so called supporter.

If we'd have gone two down he would have brought Corr on, so why wait. He doesnt always get it right but he did last night.

I was sat in east stand green last night, there is a few old gits in there, but 95% of what i heard was total support, even at 1 down & 2-1 down, the biggest moan in the section was getting it down & playing football, which in some situations last night was true!

Yet again he got his substitutions spot on. Harsh on Woodyard who took it on the chin but we were getting outmuscled in the middle and our punts forward were just being headed away by Orient every time. Bringing Corr on and moving Hurst to the middle gave us a bit more muscle and as Sturrock said, allowed the ball to stick up front. I think PS is actually a very clever tactician, more than he gets credit for. Such a modest man as well, it was nice to see him celebrating last night for once.

Yet again he got his substitutions spot on. Harsh on Woodyard who took it on the chin but we were getting outmuscled in the middle and our punts forward were just being headed away by Orient every time. Bringing Corr on and moving Hurst to the middle gave us a bit more muscle and as Sturrock said, allowed the ball to stick up front. I think PS is actually a very clever tactician, more than he gets credit for. Such a modest man as well, it was nice to see him celebrating last night for once.

Agreed. Plenty of times he has made changes that have turned games.

Also had Freddy and Bentley ready to come on just before Reeves scored. He's not afraid to make change that's for sure!

Spotted that Freddy was about to come on, and was about to post saying that Sturrock is thinking about penalties then suddenly heard a massive cheer and missed the goal!

Back