• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not as embarrassed as I was about our fans.

I am always vocal on here about who I like and dislike but I don't tend to take it to games...I'll have a moan about players to those around me, mainly because it gets to them and it makes me laugh but I just don't single out players to boo. Maybe if we have had a mare and the team gets booed off but I wouldn't target one player.....Straker is woeful, his positioning is terrible and he has no strength but I really wouldn't boo him...or Smith for that matter.

Many many times I have witnessed some nutter virtually having cardiac arrest at one of our own players,Crazy stuff indeed.

This wasn't even in the heat of the moment after he's ****ed up (or at least has been perceived to have ****ed up) but was as the ball was being passed to him.

Shameful.

He didn't have a good game, but sadly I've seen far worse performances.

I'd be interested to know the ages of people who want Sturrock out. My suspicion is that generally it's the younger fans who want him gone, whereas those of us who have been here a while realise that the grass isn't always greener.

I'd be interested to know the ages of people who want Sturrock out. My suspicion is that generally it's the younger fans who want him gone, whereas those of us who have been here a while realise that the grass isn't always greener.

Im 26 and have been watching the sh*te since '95. Does this qualify me to have an opinion? Or is it only superfans, above a certain age?

How old are you by the way? And out of curiosity, if someone, say 20 years older than you, told you that your opinion was wrong, due to your age, what would our response be?

I think there are plenty of bitter older fans as well.

Anyway, you need to remember that we had twice as many fans Saturday as, say, when we lost 2-0 to Boston.

I dont think it is a guaranteed change for the best but the fact remains Sturrock has failed and we have gained one point from Barnet this season, and just got 1 point from 3 games we should have won.

Has he failed? How has he failed? Given the resources he has had, we nearly got promoted last season all be it from a flood light failure we would be in Div1 and up until christmas we were all thinking Playoffs at worst. We have a wembley final to go to and he has signed some good players for nothing. I would not say he was a fantastic success either but to say he has failed is abit strong for me!

Please don't mention Boston...It gives me nightmares!

Sorry.

D Flahavan
D Jupp L Cort J Stuart D McSweeney
J Smith J Fullarton K Maher M Gower
D Broughton L Constantine

Subs
C Emberson
N Jenkins
M Kightly for Smith (45)
T Bramble belatedly for Broughton (64)
M Husbands for McSweeney (WTF?) (81)

Looks a good midfield on paper but like Reeves being included last night it's completely unbalanced. It needed a Mark Bentley (or Carl Pettefer) on right midfield to drift in and do some work to cover for Maher's lack of industry.

We won 2-1 at Macclesfield 4 days later!

Im 26 and have been watching the sh*te since '95. Does this qualify me to have an opinion? Or is it only superfans, above a certain age?

How old are you by the way? And out of curiosity, if someone, say 20 years older than you, told you that your opinion was wrong, due to your age, what would our response be?

No ones saying that the younger ones dont have an opinion. It was more about the Basis of the opinion rather than whether its right or wrong.

No ones saying that the younger ones dont have an opinion. It was more about the Basis of the opinion rather than whether its right or wrong.

I started writing a long-winded response, then realised, who cares? What's that old saying? You only see what you want to see?

I would never boo an individual player no matter how bad a game he might be having, Yes if the team continually played crap as thEy are now i may just give the team as a whole the bronx cheer at the conclusion of the game. But i think its shameful to Boo any one player individually and those that do "SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES"

Its all very well saying Sturrock has to go but who takes over? My worry is we will get another Wignall or Alvin Martin and with League 2 being as tight as it is a poor manager could just take us out of the league. Sometimes it is better to stick with the devil you know.

Older fans will well remember back in 1983 we were calling for Dave Smith to go as he had been in charge for 7 years and it was time for a change. What happened he was sacked they brought in Peter Morris and we were relegated that season then almost ended up in the bottom 4 the next season of the 4th Division.

2 relegations in 2 years yet people wanted Tilson to stay. Eastwood isn't the player he was yet fans cheer when he passes water

most people understood that Tilson got stitched up by the chairmen - others don't .....

some people think Sturrock has taken a thriving football club into lge 2 mediocrity with crowds down to 4k - others think he's saved the club .....

they say the league table doesn't lie - 3 years of Sturrock and here we are - effing nowhere -

which is exactly where some people want to be

most people understood that Tilson got stitched up by the chairmen - others don't .....

some people think Sturrock has taken a thriving football club into lge 2 mediocrity with crowds down to 4k - others think he's saved the club .....

they say the league table doesn't lie - 3 years of Sturrock and here we are - effing nowhere -

I am sorry RB re point three, we are some where in Division two still with a sniff of play offs

You seem to forget three years ago,we were wondering if the club would exist and even get a squad together,somehow PS managed a team for opening day against all odds,so some credit must be given
Uncle Ron must be laughing at such short memory,and how he has defected his problems onto the one person who has held it to gether in times of financial constraints, embargo,no wages and a crowd that cannot appreciate he can only work with the tools he has got,even though some are not the sharpest in the box :'(

Every manager will make the odd boob in transfers look at Sir Alex with some of his Veron stands out as a multi million flop,so when PS "panic buys" as some like to think,it easy to forget he doesnot have an endless pot,and yes it will go wrong,but sometimes his finds are brilliant and just assumed that is his job.

UTS:happy:

I am sorry RB re point three, we are some where in Division two still with a sniff of play offs

You seem to forget three years ago,we were wondering if the club would exist and even get a squad together,somehow PS managed a team for opening day against all odds,so some credit must be given
Uncle Ron must be laughing at such short memory,and how he has defected his problems onto the one person who has held it to gether in times of financial constraints, embargo,no wages and a crowd that cannot appreciate he can only work with the tools he has got,even though some are not the sharpest in the box :'(

Every manager will make the odd boob in transfers look at Sir Alex with some of his Veron stands out as a multi million flop,so when PS "panic buys" as some like to think,it easy to forget he doesnot have an endless pot,and yes it will go wrong,but sometimes his finds are brilliant and just assumed that is his job.

UTS:happy:

I think as is usually the case the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes - amongst the grey and not in the black or white.

For me PS has done a decent job - in his first season he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt at the very least. His second season was an improvement and an overachievement in my eyes. This season the Wembley appearance has given the season at least a semblance of success.

One thing I do not buy, however, is the whole "Sturrock saved us, we wouldn't have a club without him" rubbish - if Sturrock hadn't come along we would have got someone else in as manager....and then who knows, we may now be League 1, Championship, Conference South, Have disappeared, or be right where we are now - nobody knows!

For me it's time for a change, whilst I appreciate PS and his efforts over the last few years, though many seem to see these as mutually exclusive.

:hilarious:

Thriving how exactly? We have so little money that we have scraped the barrel so much it hasn't got a bottom anymore!

If you really think that this is where people want to be then you must be deluded.

"Older fans will well remember back in 1983 we were calling for Dave Smith to go as he had been in charge for 7 years and it was time for a change. What happened he was sacked they brought in Peter Morris and we were relegated that season then almost ended up in the bottom 4 the next season of the 4th Division".

Decent point Csboy. Even popular managers seem to have a sell-by date after a few seasons...but it is not always wise.
Peter Morris? I had forgotten all about him. It was the beginning of some desperate times.

In comparison to 1983-85 ..we are are in dreamland right now!!

Back