• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unfortunately the club doesn't own the land it is sitting on.

Maybe you should take a look at the club's accounts?

I may be stoooooooooooooopid but I really doubt that RM has published the full story .... I suspect he can make his accounts sing a merry tune while he skims off whatever the eff he likes ..... as you know accounts divulge nothing - zllch - just a few broad brush strokes to keep the punters happy without ever letting on who paid for the onions .....

where is the onion money ??????

If he leaves it will be nothing to do with his health.

As for director of football, we will not pay for someone to fill that position.

As for Coughlan, er no thanks. Why do so many people say he should get the job, he is here now and we are pretty woeful. Why would he turn anything around ?
#

If PS leaves I cannot see our big name players staying unless Coughlan gets the job. Coughlan knows the players, he has been in and around the club for 3 seasons is fully aware of the financial constraints and the budgets.

Know known manager is going to come to a club when wages are late and times and where there is no room to invest.

If PS does leave then GC is the obvious choice whether people like that or not.

As for his health he has missed a game this season due to ill health and maybe he might feel it's time to concentrate on his health and leave as manager, the club may opt to keep him as a director of football or in an advisory role to GC possibly, WHY WOULD THE CLUB NOT CHOOSE THIS? End of the day regardless of what is said regarding PS he has done a fairly good job by all accounts

Season 1 - Kept us in the league having nothing to work with until 24hours before our season started

Season 2 - Playoffs

Season 3 - Stiill in with a shout of playoffs and got to a wembley final

#

Season 1 - Kept us in the league having nothing to work with until 24hours before our season started
Season 2 - Playoffs & 83 points

This is a good summary. During all 3 seasons there have been people on here who want him sacked, probably younger fans. But then we live in an era where Di Matteo gets sacked, McDermott, Adkins, everyone at Blackburn, O'Driscoll at Forest (although they seem to have got lucky). It's now really the norm - every season 3 teams go up and 21 sack their manager for failing to meet the objectives.

#

If PS leaves I cannot see our big name players staying unless Coughlan gets the job. Coughlan knows the players, he has been in and around the club for 3 seasons is fully aware of the financial constraints and the budgets.

Know known manager is going to come to a club when wages are late and times and where there is no room to invest.

If PS does leave then GC is the obvious choice whether people like that or not.

As for his health he has missed a game this season due to ill health and maybe he might feel it's time to concentrate on his health and leave as manager, the club may opt to keep him as a director of football or in an advisory role to GC possibly, WHY WOULD THE CLUB NOT CHOOSE THIS? End of the day regardless of what is said regarding PS he has done a fairly good job by all accounts

Sturrock will not leave due to poor health. We have had a few players miss games due to flu as well....

Big name players ?

Which ones are they ?

Hall and Mohsni were our big name players last year and neither stayed because Sturrock was here.

Players will move on regardless, and some will stay regardless.

I think most players are used to changes in manager and wouldnt be so sensitive they need to know the person beforehand.

Season 2 - Playoffs

And if season 3 ends up with us not being in the play-offs he would have failed.

Seasons 1 and 2 were both good performances, butf ootball is a results business and if he doesnt get us in the top 7 then he hasnt got anywhere near his objective.

We aimed for promotion this season, to not even finish in the playoffs when that is your objective is very poor.

Hall and Mohsni were our big name players last year and neither stayed because Sturrock was here.

Is that fact? If so where are the quotes? Hall went to leeds because of more money and bilel went because he thought the grass was greener somewhere else, and the latter returned which is hardly conclusive of somone hating the manager. In fact I cant think of much more any other manager apart from P.S could have done more for bilel. Neither got player of the season either which demonstrates the fans view of them!

Last edited:

Is that fact? If so where are the quotes? Hall went to leeds because of more money and bilel went because he thought the grass was greener somewhere else, and the latter returned which is hardly conclusive of somone hating the manager. In fact I cant think of much more any other manager apart from P.S could have done for bilel. Neither got player of the season either which demonstrates the fans view of them!

uhh. of course it's a fact???? Did yot notice them leave?

And if season 3 ends up with us not being in the play-offs he would have failed.

Seasons 1 and 2 were both good performances, butf ootball is a results business and if he doesnt get us in the top 7 then he hasnt got anywhere near his objective.

We aimed for promotion this season, to not even finish in the playoffs when that is your objective is very poor.

I would hate for you to be my boss! Things have hardly gone his way this season, give the man a frigging break.

So both Hall and Mohsni both left because of P.S, where did they say that? Tell me where they both said that the reason they left was because of P.S?

JM didn't say that - he said they didn't stay due to Sturrock being here....they didn't stay full stop.- Think you've misunderstood his point

Sturrock will not leave due to poor health. We have had a few players miss games due to flu as well....

Big name players ?

Which ones are they ?

Players will move on regardless, and some will stay regardless.

I think most players are used to changes in manager and wouldnt be so sensitive they need to know the person beforehand.

Big name players

Corr
Cresswell
Barker
Phillips

All the above may look to move on but hopefully whoever comes in keeps 3 of them here

Back