• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock mulling over Hills switch

The problem Left back position needs addressing and it now looks like somethings being done. Such a shame that Gilbert turned out to be the worst passer of the ball I have ever seen at left back in all my years watching Southend.

But strangely on of the best crossers of the ball from Left Back

Really?

I cant remember seeing him get past the halfway line very often, let alone ping some delightful crosses in.

Clohessy is the perfect example of a full back that gets forward and can cross.

Last edited:
Really?

I cant remember seeing him get past the halfway line very often, let alone ping some delightful crosses in.

Clohessy is the perfect example of a full back that gets forward and can cross.

He does put some good crosses in when he gets forward. He's improved a great deal, but needs competition. Hopefully this boy could be the answer.

Fully behind Eric, even if he hasn't played that well, but he has also played okay at times, bit of a scapegoat I suppose, but that's football!

He does put some good crosses in when he gets forward. He's improved a great deal, but needs competition. Hopefully this boy could be the answer.

Fully behind Eric, even if he hasn't played that well, but he has also played okay at times, bit of a scapegoat I suppose, but that's football!

Needs competition? He needs replacing!

A palace friend of mine has said he would be gutted if he left

Hang on a minute, unless I've missed something..........who said he would leave to join us? London 24 is suggesting that he could be set for a loan spell at Roots Hall to build up his match fitness. Unfortunately for us this would be the most likely arrangement. Anyway a descent LB until the end of the season would do very nicely thank you.

Watched him play last night you can see he has a lot of quality about him strong and quick with good passing short and long
would be ideal and the right time IMHO

Hang on a minute, unless I've missed something..........who said he would leave to join us? London 24 is suggesting that he could be set for a loan spell at Roots Hall to build up his match fitness. Unfortunately for us this would be the most likely arrangement. Anyway a descent LB until the end of the season would do very nicely thank you.

Well it's the ONLY arrangement seeing as the transfer deadline has passed......

Well it's the ONLY arrangement seeing as the transfer deadline has passed......

Yes, of course ........however some are loan deals with the possibility of making a permanent move.....seem to remember that Luggy liked this option. I suppose let's get him here on loan first of all.............ironically the more he impresses, the less likely we'd be able to sign him. Ummmm.........that's stupid..........if he didn't impress we wouldn't want to sign him anyway!

Another plus is this lad has a hell of a long throw .When used last night he reached the penalty spot with the couple of thows he took near the corner flag .

Back