• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock on Aldershot

palexander

Life President
(Can we have a "Blues Player" type prefix?) :)

Key points from PS interview today...

* Wolves good draw, money spinner and exciting for club and players. Should keep players on their toes before that game.

* Aldershot will be very tough - considering played ET Tuesday. May make changes to keep fresh.

* Want to be 'miserly' defensively and nick a goal from confident forwards

* Bilel and Bouzid should be cleared Today... French FA pulling their feet. Bouzid family speaking to Morroccon FA today.

* Gonna use the upcoming reserve games to have a look at fringe players and trialists - probably going to loan out younger players (would imagine Herd/Crawford/James what he means).

* Could possibly strengthen after those games before the deadline if required.

Would love to get Barker in permanently, he's quality and would be a great tutor for players like Herd.

Do feel a bit sorry for Herd, after the Chelsea games he really must have felt he'd arrived but seemed to slip out of favour with Tilly & now he's hardly had a mention under Sturrock. when you consider he was one of the 'loyal' few it must be hard to take. Wonder why, maybe they all think he's just too small?

Do feel a bit sorry for Herd, after the Chelsea games he really must have felt he'd arrived but seemed to slip out of favour with Tilly & now he's hardly had a mention under Sturrock. when you consider he was one of the 'loyal' few it must be hard to take. Wonder why, maybe they all think he's just too small?

Not when we signed Gilbert as his replacement.

A defender that can't defend isn't much use...

Herd makes too many mistakes for me, and being small doesn't really help when your a defender, how is he supposed to win headers?

Herd just needs games and I think sending him out on loan for a season in the BSP where he will be able to play week in week out will benefit him far more than playing the occasional cameo appearance for us. He is still only 20 and has got another couple of years to learn how to defend. He is still very much one for the future for me, he has the composure on the ball and the attacking threat to be a very solid league one player, but he needs games.

The same goes for Crawford, a season at a BSP team will benefit his game vastly, helping to give him the feel for the physical side of the game that he probably didn't get a youth and reserve level. Neither of them are currently good enough to hold down a first team place, but I feel with another year or 2 years work they will be pushing hard for regaular first team football.

(Can we have a "Blues Player" type prefix?) :)

Key points from PS interview today...

* Wolves good draw, money spinner and exciting for club and players. Should keep players on their toes before that game.

* Aldershot will be very tough - considering played ET Tuesday. May make changes to keep fresh.

* Want to be 'miserly' defensively and nick a goal from confident forwards

* Bilel and Bouzid should be cleared Today... French FA pulling their feet. Bouzid family speaking to Morroccon FA today.

* Gonna use the upcoming reserve games to have a look at fringe players and trialists - probably going to loan out younger players (would imagine Herd/Crawford/James what he means).

* Could possibly strengthen after those games before the deadline if required.

Have visions of someone in the club having a very painful conversation with the Moroccan FA but due to language barriers getting absolutely nowhere!!

"er 'ow do we sayz - er bouzid er er releasez from er er moroccan er cloob - er play in er er southend now er er zis ok?!!"

Why can't Sturrock tell it like it is and say something along the lines of:

"Aldershot? More like ****ing Alders**t"

Last edited:
Why can't Sturrock tell it like it is and say something along the lines of:

"Aldershot? More like ****ing Alders**t"

or "I sign my son, even though he's not great, for all my clubs I manage because I can - gotta look after your own!!!"

to be fair to Sturrock junior he done what was asked of him he isnt here to score 20 goals he is here to work the back for and creat for other players which he did, i wasnt a big fan of him but cant fault his efford and until we see 6months of him i think its unfair to get on the guys back

to be fair to Sturrock junior he done what was asked of him he isnt here to score 20 goals he is here to work the back for and creat for other players which he did, i wasnt a big fan of him but cant fault his efford and until we see 6months of him i think its unfair to get on the guys back

Freddy Eastwood was great, as was Sir S V Collymore. Sturrock isn't great, he's not bad either! Tongue in cheek........

He was a midfielder as a youngster
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by EastStandBlue
a diffrent league i know, and he is welsh, but look at mr bale at spurs another left bac that couldn't defend to save is life, look at him know

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by EastStandBlue
a diffrent league i know, and he is welsh, but look at mr bale at spurs another left bac that couldn't defend to save is life, look at him know

The difference being, of course, that Bale is a supremely physical player with all the attributes to play that position well... So much so, that he tore our right hand side to threads single handedly in the Championship.

Herd has a decision to make. He's either a diminutive full-back, in which case he'll have to prove himself to Sturrock by going out on loan, or he's a defensive left winger, and he can be a useful tool to come of the bench and defend a lead for us. Either way, you can't build a career on a long throw.

Back