• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock on West Ham

palexander

Life President
Speaking on Blues player...

* Delighted with performance

* Pleased to push a Premiership side so much

* Please Zabboub and Blair got a run out - but will be 'a while' before they are fit

* Great work rate and attitude - showing the attributes that PS likes.

* 'Icing on the cake' would be a clinical finisher or two.

* Longest two and and a half weeks of his life

* Players 'leggy' before Saturday - careful to rest them

* PS 'on board' with Ron Martins vision for the future. Stadium plans look fantastic.

* Know more tomorrow about transfers etc

* Expecting tough game Saturday and a tough week. Blending a new team through the league games ('on the hoof') but players are learning.

* Moshni not used to right back

Phillips Interview;

* Good game tonight, nice test

* London boy, so happy to come to Southend. Played against us and thinks we are a 'good little club' and a club going places

* Had concerns about off the field stuff, but said that someone like Sturrock wouldnt come here without it planning to be sorted

* Players have clauses in their contracts, so relief of yesterdays news.

* Pre-Contact signed last week - but contact signed TODAY for 2 years.

* Promotion is the aim.

Speaking on Blues player...

* Delighted with performance

* Pleased to push a Premiership side so much

* Please Zabboub and Blair got a run out - but will be 'a while' before they are fit

* Great work rate and attitude - showing the attributes that PS likes.

* 'Icing on the cake' would be a clinical finisher or two.

* Longest two and and a half weeks of his life

* Players 'leggy' before Saturday - careful to rest them

* PS 'on board' with Ron Martins vision for the future. Stadium plans look fantastic.

* Know more tomorrow about transfers etc

* Expecting tough game Saturday and a tough week. Blending a new team through the league games ('on the hoof') but players are learning.

* Moshni not used to right back

Paul,
Your ability to transcribe Luggyspeak into plain English is nothing less than awesome.;)

Apologies to the Board - couldn't resist it!

Paul,
Your ability to transcribe Luggyspeak into plain English is nothing less than awesome.;)

He's not alone ...

Imagine a perfect day of pop radio. All your favourites - played by your favourite DJs. Taking you way, way back, to those carefree days of your youth. Now welcome to the perfect day of Lugwin S. Loggins, door-stepping charity worker by day job and The Emperor, DJ supremo of his own radio station, in his dreams. Hear him present his all-time favourite 100-song countdown, telling his own life story, as he seeks to make sense of the modern world and his precarious place within it. A day in the life or a life in a day the like of which you've never heard before. Can The Emperor make his dreams of true public service a reality? And can he find The Captain, his boyhood friend and fellow broadcaster, whom he betrayed? Tune in to FM 247, and find out.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/FM247-Radio-Binfield-Rob-Spooner/dp/1409283402/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_4

;) :offtopic::)

I particularly like this comment from Luggy:

"They are showing all the attributes that I like to see and I am very hopeful that the icing on the cake will be one or two more clinical finishing players."

For those of you that STILL say we do not need another striker. It is blatantly obvious PS does not agree with you and thank god for that!

"They are showing all the attributes that I like to see and I am very hopeful that the icing on the cake will be one or two more clinical finishing players."

For those of you that STILL say we do not need another striker. It is blatantly obvious PS does not agree with you and thank god for that!

We don't need another striker, we need better strikers. We have the quantity, we don't have the quality.

I still think creativity is a far bigger issue than finishing.

Are many actually saying that?

Personally I think Spencer needs a good run in the side, up front and not on the wing.

If theres anyone out there with some proven ability to score that would be great though.

:) I'm a terrible mumbler too, so i can pick up on those low frequency vibrations!

I'll offer to be his official translator.

The other thing that struck me about this(and other BP interviews)is that Luggy tends to move from side to side, while ostensibly standing still, rather a lot.Dunno if this has anyhthing to do with Parkinsons but it certainly makes it hardwork for the cameraoperator to keep him in focus.
Seasick Steve has nothing on him.
Still we've yet to hear a "like I say" or other favourite Tillyisms.:'(

Whilst I agree with the assumption that we need better strikers, I'd like to think that one of our current crop will leave, even if it is Crawford for some much needed experience on loan at a BSP/BSS side (Eastbourne, perhaps?).

Sturrock seems to want to persevere with this 451/433 system, in which we'll need to find a striker who has a turn of pace to play off the shoulder of Corr/Paterson but who is also willing to work the channels in the hope of engineering a goalscoring opportunity. Wayne Gray circa 2005 would be ideal...

I think we just need a guy who knows where the goal is. A fox in the box if you like. Doesnt need too much pace or power just to know how to finish. I also agree that we need a little bit more creative spark in the midfield.

I think we need to move strikers out before we bring any in. I'm sick of us wasting money carrying six or seven forwards, none of whom get a run in the side to show what they can do.

If we create chances then we'll score goals, whoever is up front.

I think we need to move strikers out before we bring any in. I'm sick of us wasting money carrying six or seven forwards, none of whom get a run in the side to show what they can do.

If we create chances then we'll score goals, whoever is up front.

Do you remember Graeme Jones?

Do you remember us getting relegated with Lee Barnard up front for most of the season?

Last edited:
*cough* Lawrie Dudfield *cough*

Emphasis on the "Dud".

Can't be ars*d to dig up the stats but I think you'll find 'The Dud's' goals to games ratio with us wasn't actually that bad. No doubt someone has the numbers at their fingertips..

The 1.1 goals per game we were scoring with him in the side would have seen us relegated just as badly as the 1.05 goals per game we scored after he left did. We'd have just been one single goal better off.

Back