• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperton

Manager
So, loads of you are calling for Sturrocks head, but, seriously, who would you want to see come in and take over? We have no war chest, the players get paid late so motivating is a constant problem, Barker admits the boys are worried about off field issues, they have families & mortgages too & the clubs been in court winding up orders 5 times in last 4 years.

I think Sturrock has done a solid job in his time here, maybe his time is up, he doesnt look a well man to be charging up & down the touchline, he has a good record at lower league management in the past.

But, who would want to take over, its a bit of a reputation ruining job when you look at the big picture. I dont care if your Alex Ferguson, if the players are arent getting paid & are worried by off field issues, they aint gonna play to there full potential...... we have seen this squad can play and are not doing us fans or themselves justice with recent below par performances!!

So who's name, realistically with our budget, is going above the Roots Hall managers office next, if they are brave enough????

genuinly thought this last week that it would not surprise me if after they get promoted, martin allen comes and joins us if sturrock does leave. But before you moan i do not want that to happen, im a sturrock fan

How do we know realistically who might apply. No offence but I find these thread pointless. How do we know which ex pro's, non league managers or assistant managers will apply.

How do we know realistically who might apply. No offence but I find these thread pointless. How do we know which ex pro's, non league managers or assistant managers will apply.

We dont, but who would YOU like to see Ron appoint? knowing the problems this club faces

We dont, but who would YOU like to see Ron appoint? knowing the problems this club faces

I don't know really. If I had the application list I could have a go at telling you. Would wanted Gary Rowett a year ago. As I say unless your involved in the process then don't know how I can call it.

Alan Devonshire has done a great job at Braintree on no money in difficult circumstances, part time players v full time clubs etc, they play some good attacking football (ive watched them a few times this season) & have a us versus the world attitude, id like to see him given a go here........

Justin Edinburgh was metioned on another thread. IMO a good shout. Must know the conference league players well. which is where we will be shopping.Also has done well at the two clubs he has been with. Ex player so will get backing of the fans.
My personal choice would be Kevin Maher but i think it may be a bit to soon for him .

No point in getting rid of Sturrock till end of season IMO. Giive him his moment of glory at Wembley then say thanks for getting a team together, after Uncle Ron staged managed our relegation to the 4th division, and got rid of our most succesfull Management team ever.

Alan Devonshire has done a great job at Braintree on no money in difficult circumstances, part time players v full time clubs etc, they play some good attacking football (ive watched them a few times this season) & have a us versus the world attitude, id like to see him given a go here........

No more ex hamsters at Roots hall thank-you very much.

Wouldn't mind seeing Neil Harris as player manger to be completely honest. Dougie Freedman took over at Palace and hit the ground running. Harris is a Southend man through and through, loves the club and must have connections all over the place from his time at Milwall. Can imagine plenty of players wanting to play for him. Most likely not going to happen, but can think of plenty worse choices.

Why would Edingburgh leave a club with money and no debt to join our shambles of a club?
The thread title is Sturrock or who ???
IMHO Sturrock's time is up so I believe Justin Edinburgh would be a good choice. I know nothing of Newort county's financial situation, But I would of thought we were a bigger club and we could hopefully attract a non league manager.If Newport do get promoted he probable wouldn't leave, but if they dont, its a step up the Managerial ladder for him. There are only 92 jobs as manager in the top four divisions and we have one of those.

Last edited:
Back