• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock to hold talks with N'Diaye

Evening Echo

The News
BLUES boss Paul Sturrock is planning talks with Alassane N’Diaye after the midfielder’s disappointing display against Ipswich Town.

More...

He hasn't showed much promise, but PS is correct in saying the left side of the defence needs sorting. I am sorry but Gilbert is just not good enough.

He hasn't showed much promise, but PS is correct in saying the left side of the defence needs sorting. I am sorry but Gilbert is just not good enough.

Totally agree with this. Gilbert looks exposed nearly every time, and appears to have very little vision too. Noticed an exchange between Grant and Gilbert on Friday evening when the midfielder had made a great run into a channel. When challenged, Gilbert acknowledged he didn't even see Grant. He seems to play with his head down more often than not, and has poor distribution; all very long balls, bit hopeful. Not convinced that Prosser is the solution either, maybe Leonard can switch. That would give us some great attacking options on both wings ?????

Think if Gilbert is injury Free and not distracted by some Shrimpers keep on chanting "Eric" then he could be a good player to have in that position.
I've watched Alassane N’Diaye and I'm still to be impressed. I followed him on Friday with Wino Cam, Conclusion; he skips alot. plays in 4 or 5 positions, seems not to go in for a challenge. Don't win headers, poor on passing and positonal awareness seems to be back in France. Saying that there must be something he brings to the club? I am hoping he's just waiting for the season to start, then again can we afford plodders?

Totally agree with this. Gilbert looks exposed nearly every time, and appears to have very little vision too. Noticed an exchange between Grant and Gilbert on Friday evening when the midfielder had made a great run into a channel. When challenged, Gilbert acknowledged he didn't even see Grant. He seems to play with his head down more often than not, and has poor distribution; all very long balls, bit hopeful. Not convinced that Prosser is the solution either, maybe Leonard can switch. That would give us some great attacking options on both wings ?????

On Friday I took time out to just watch him and his positional sense is Zero, far to many times he looked in no man's land and attackers just went past him as if he wasn't even there...This isn't a dig at him personally but he offers nothing and seems to me to be the weak link in an otherwise promising side.

On Friday I took time out to just watch him and his positional sense is Zero, far to many times he looked in no man's land and attackers just went past him as if he wasn't even there...This isn't a dig at him personally but he offers nothing and seems to me to be the weak link in an otherwise promising side.

Absolutely agree with you. You will also noticed that Ipswich exploited it very early in the first half (which any good team would do), and pressured Gilbert after his dreadful (and lucky) clearance early on.

Lee Martin (who I agree is quick) was at Gilbert constantly, and you could see him struggling. Would love to see some more substance in this position>

Said it all last season. You can blame injurys all you like but if the basics of defending arent there then you are going to struggle. For me Gilberts issues are multiple. He is too slow, he lacks positional sense and he gets to close to his man and then gets turned. The only pluses I can deem are he is good in the air.

We are so weak at left back its a joke. I hope Barker can go out there and Moshni and maybe Phillips can sure up the defence as I think its going to be our downfall this year of were not careful.

Said it all last season. You can blame injurys all you like but if the basics of defending arent there then you are going to struggle. For me Gilberts issues are multiple. He is too slow, he lacks positional sense and he gets to close to his man and then gets turned. The only pluses I can deem are he is good in the air.

We are so weak at left back its a joke. I hope Barker can go out there and Moshni and maybe Phillips can sure up the defence as I think its going to be our downfall this year of were not careful.

I dont get the Gilbert bashing?

He is a steady enough left back for this level and has played for much bigger clubs than us, so is no mug. Also, if Grant is lauded so much for 'sticking with us', then Gilbert should get credit too as one of the first players to sign for us when nobody knew if the club was going to be around long enough to even honor those pre-contract arrangements.

He turned down a (supposed) good deal at Northampton where he was highly thought of by their manager and fans.

Hope he gets cut a bit of slack and allowed to work his way into the side properly. I'm sure he will come good - dont forget his season last year was very stop-start.

Gilbert actually looked more natural when he was kicking the ball and running, and looked more on the pace, obviously has helped pushing his guts back inside him.
Also, was he definitely playing in Scotland when we let in two?
He also isn't going to be playing against many better players than their Number 11 Lee Martin?

EDIT - The main reason for all of those 'multiple issues' are because of the injuries. Why would the Northampton manager and fans be raving about him so much?

Flatulence? :unsure:

Well with N'Diaye, Grant, Johnson, Hall, plus potentially Kalala all sharing the same dressing room there certainly wont be much room to swing anything around in there. Health & Safety could have a potential field day in our dressing room this season.

Well with N'Diaye, Grant, Johnson, Hall, plus potentially Kalala all sharing the same dressing room there certainly wont be much room to swing anything around in there. Health & Safety could have a potential field day in our dressing room this season.

Hard to argue...... :smile:

Will be along the lines of if you want to play you have to get fit and show the required work rate- else you will be on the bench

Back