• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Perhaps he might not want to leave if the fans got behind him 100%
I find it staggering that there is a reasonable percentage of fans on this site who think it would be better for us if he left.

Madness

Not the terms I'd have used.

I know James Brent through some of his business ventures in Romania and am tempted to text him a 'hands off PS'!!

I was speaking to some Plymouth fans in the pub before the game. They said he will always be thought of highly by them but also said that his second spell was awful and he holds some of the blame of why they are in the situation they are in now.

Please please let this be true as he is one of the reasonsThe crowds are down his style of football takes us right back to the days of alvin martin alan littleAnd wignall. We spent 7 long years in the wildernessBefore tilly took us to the sucess we had. Remember players likeDavid morley. Trefor fitspatrick some of the current squad are as bad as themJourneyman players with manager whose time is up

I think no-one has a right to hate Paul Sturrock. Why do you have it in for him? give me explanation. Apart from the poor football he is getting results which everyone at the club wants. I think everyone will agree that we would rather play poor and win than play good football and lose everytime. I still personally think He saved us from relegation last year. And personally and i know Tilly is a legend and i love him for what he did. But i think he is not that good of a manager and he apparently was lucky with Eastwood and didnt want him.

Fletcher is currently caretaker manager, if he turns things around would he likely get the job full time? He seems too inexperienced to me, I'd think if a takeover happened the new owners would want someone with a bit more experience to keep them off the bottom 2

Carl Fletcher has been appointed caretaker manager at Plymouth and if succesful, is expected to be appointed in the full-time role.
this is the same guy that got sent off saturday isnt it ? fine example he is to the rest of the team and the youngsters on the bench eh.

Agreed - they say nothing should surprise you in football but I think the unfair sacking of Peter Reid and subsequent appointment of Fletcher only 48 hours after Saturday's 'assault' on Timlin absolutely staggering. There again wherever Risdale has gone he seems to have left the football club in a far worse state than when he arrived so looks like he is being consistent if nothing else. Just ask any Leeds fan!

The best football we played in my 40 years of watching the Blues was when Tilly was in charge. He really got the ball on the ground. Our movement with ball and combination play was a joy to watch. If our short term goal is to get out of this division, then Paul Sturrock is the man, You must cut your cloth accordingly to the players we have and the tactics that are best suited to this division. Plymouth have imploded, we could have gone the same way if not for Paul Sturrock.

Glad to see Blair Sturrock getting the praise he deserves on this site, always rated him at this level.

Come back a couple of times a year, refuse to use the online ticketing, always mistakes made with my order.
Just buy them on the day now.

If the rumours site is to be believed then Blair has told friends on social sites that his Dad is returning to Plymouth.

I hope not as Paul has done a fantastic job against the odds for us.

But if Plymouth offer him a job upstairs at Home Park it makes you wonder if he'll use the" it will ease my health" card.

Peter Risdale is the grim reaper of football. Every club he has ever been at has been in severe financial trouble. I hate Ron Martin with a passion but I will much prefer him to be in charge at Southend than Risdale.

Surprised no one else has mentioned it but with Tilly on borrowed time at Lincoln how about Sturruck back to Plymouth and Tilson back to Southend? Stranger things have happened!!!!!

take risdale all day long, he might run up £5,000 a month bills for goldfish, but at least he is honest about it
whereas brady and martin try and ride out the storm from our placid supporters

Back