• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He said the other day that winning promotion with us this season would his biggest achievement, i think he has unfinished business here!

No I don't take satisfaction from this. None at all. But the poster who provided the link for the latest odds, doesn't he come under the pessimist jargon. I guess its only me. But then as Luggy's name has been liosted amongst the odds I guessed correctly that he will be in the frame. Even if he is not seriusly considered which is what I hope as he has done a tremendous job at Roots Hall.

So he could be both 'in the frame' and 'not seriously considered':dizzy:

Whether he goes or not I don't know. I'm sure he won't go. What I said on sunday was that it wouldn't surprise me if the bookies ( i,e skybet) place him on the list to look like he'd be one of the favourites. And that's what happened. So with this in mind to answer Shrimpers are magic's "I#ll get it right eventually" I was accurate in stating this.

Whether he goes or not I don't know. I'm sure he won't go. What I said on sunday was that it wouldn't surprise me if the bookies ( i,e skybet) place him on the list to look like he'd be one of the favourites. And that's what happened. So with this in mind to answer Shrimpers are magic's "I#ll get it right eventually" I was accurate in stating this.

Andy Goram alert

Sturrock has gone up to 4/1 on Stan James, while O'Neill's odds have been slashed to 5/4, so hopefully he gets the job

****s, sake, I can't believe that after a decade here I'm still clicking links posted by * ORM * at face value. :blush:

I'm only playing blue79 .. but to many your posts did suggest a hint of paranoia everytime a post became vacant that Sturrock would be off and that Hall Ferdinand and Mohsni are as good as gone

FWIW i'm hugely surprised PS is as low as 3/1 (its rare to see a skint bookie so mabe this one does have some legs) if it'd been Dundee United then it'd be totally different obviously

I'd like to think that in the same way Ryan Hall "owes us" after last years shenanigans that Sturrock does too, offers weren't exactly raining down on him from what i recall so perhaps we saved him from the football scrapheap

a wee birdie thinks this quote is hilarious :hilarious:. no where near ready for the scrapheap as shown by the results!!

a wee birdie thinks this quote is hilarious :hilarious:. no where near ready for the scrapheap as shown by the results!!

It always seemed to me like a marriage of convenience. A chairman with an abject reputation, who no-one who had choices would work for, and a manager who no one else seemed to want.

I must say it's working out rather well.

I've been surprised and delighted at how things are going, and further than the scrapheap now than at anytime in your career i imagine, just curious to know how many positions you turned down to come here last summer that is all

May i wish you congrats to date and hope there is much much more to come :thumbsup:

Back