• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Despite his links to Plymouth, Luggy has already been linked to the vacant manager's position at Torquay after they sacked Alan Knill yesterday. He is living back down there and would be a decent appointment for them. He would be linking up with Benyon again should he join.

Sturrock tops a list of managers linked to the position, which also includes ex Gillingham boss Martin Allen, ex-Cobblers boss Aidy Boothroyd, Brian Laws (sacked by Scunny earlier in the season) and unbelievably, Steve Tilson!

Sturrock would be a good fit down there.Lives locally and he showed with us he can work under difficult circumstances.He would give them a decent chance of staying up

Having backed Torquay for relegation, I would not be happy if Sturrock got the job. I'm certain he'd steer them clear of the drop.

Why unbelievably? Give me Tilson any day over Sturrock.

Because his record in his last two seasons is two relegations.

However unfair on him that was when here it doesnt look good on his CV.

Torquay want to stay in the league, he didnt manage that with Lincoln so Im not sure they would put faith in him.

Don't think the Torquay job would do Sturrocks health any justice which if I recall Sturrock said he would be taking a break from football due to his health, he hasn't been out of work for a year yet.

As for Tilson he needs to take a step back and apply for a coaching job. What's the harm in going in as a coach or assistant manager? At least he will be in decent work then. I'm sure plenty of clubs would like him as a coach or reserve manager etc.

So, when you're deep in the brown stuff I would think that you require a manager with a cool head, calculating and with experience. Is Chris Hargreaves what they really need? Following an heroic end to his playing career at Torquay.......

"Since then Chris has had a book published, opened a sports shop, worked extensively in the media, collected various coaching badges and, most recently has been first team coach at AFC Bournemouth."

Well, that should put him in good stead for the extremely difficult task that confronts him.:nope: We shall see at the end of the season but I find it difficult to believe that the Gulls have not made an error with this appointment. Surely, rescuing a club from the precipice of the Football League requires someone with savvy and experience.........not a novice. On the other hand I am somewhat relieved (although sorry for him) that Paul Sturrock will not be returning to the Hall to plot the double over us!

Yep, read the opening and it seemed quite entertaining, especially his holiday in St Jean-de-Luz and day trip to Saint Sebastian. Still not convinced he is the right man for the job..........my advice to Chris is, "don't sell the caravan yet!" :smile:

Back