• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Thoughts from PS:

Francis: Highest earner, wanted him to stay, would like to thank him for services. Budget was vital to enable PS to bring in quantity of players. Still training with us for fitness until he gets a move. Not got bitter about the situation, everyone admires his attitude.

Signings: Pleased to sign Gilbert and Corr. Got new players in the pipeline that 'like to work with Paul Sturrock' so makes it easier and quicker to bring them in. Players happy to come in and give Southend a go based purely on Sturrocks word and history together.

Embargo: Cannot sign anyone, will lift embargo 'when it gets lifted'

Trialists: More coming in, closed doors friendly on Friday featuring 'a lot of trialists' and decisions to be made on them and the currently players after that. Lot of players available and out of work, more than he expected.

Cannot go into the season with 8/9 players.

Corr & Gilbert: 'Winners'. Both been in championship, good experience. Corr has bad luck with injuries, but hoping thats behind him. Discipline of Southend last season was unacceptable (large fines for stupid cards coming - nobody was fined last year) - so will be something Sturrock will be looking at.

Akinfenwa: 'No comment' - doesnt like discussing transfer targets. When people sign, he will announce it.

Can someone please buy the club a ****ing mic.

I am sick to death of having to strain my ears to pick up whats being said. Oh and if you that you have **** mic then its probably best not to set up your interview next to a ****ing sprinkler.........

I give up at times I really do.

I wonder how much we'll be told, or be able to find out about the behind closed doors game....................

I don't agree with Francis still training. He's been asked the question 'Do you want to be here' and his reply was obviously 'no'.

It's not exactly fair to fine the players when they're not even being paid...

No, but it would reduce Ron's indebtedness to the players by a little bit... If he was running SUFC properly, I'm sure he could find enough things to charge them for so they ended up in debt to the club. How does that song go?

16 goals and what do I get?
Another season older and deeper in debt,
Southamptonl don't you call me 'cos I can't go -
I owe my soul to Martin Dawn.

I don't agree with Francis still training. He's been asked the question 'Do you want to be here' and his reply was obviously 'no'.

He's training away from the group though by all accounts? Dont see a major issue really, especially considering how they've been treated - falls into the category of the 'least we can do' to help.

He's training away from the group though by all accounts? Dont see a major issue really, especially considering how they've been treated - falls into the category of the 'least we can do' to help.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I can't see him being without a club for too long now he's a free agent. Seems to be very particular in what he wants after turning down Posh and Brentford. My guess is he's waiting for an established Championship club, Palace maybe ?

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I can't see him being without a club for too long now he's a free agent. Seems to be very particular in what he wants after turning down Posh and Brentford. My guess is he's waiting for an established Championship club, Palace maybe ?

Nah, as a free agent, I'm sure he'll pick up a CCC club. Be odd to see Flavs, Barrett and Francis playing for Palace next season. Probably be in some Lg cup 1st round game away at Rochdale, but odd all the same.

Nah, as a free agent, I'm sure he'll pick up a CCC club. Be odd to see Flavs, Barrett and Francis playing for Palace next season. Probably be in some Lg cup 1st round game away at Rochdale, but odd all the same.

Could be interesting, he'd certainly know a few faces.

What planet is Sturrock on ? He says our disciplinary record was unacceptable last season yet the **** signs Corr who by all accounts is nothing more than a thug, 3 goals, 3 sendings off last season.

Do all the new members of the Sturrock fan club want their money back ? LMFAO

Back