• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree with many others on here, I am a fan of both of them, and think they both acheived alot and bought the club forward during there spells at the club.

Furthermore (if we add Tilly to the mix) Im extremely gratefull that we have enjoyed some fantastic success & having just 3 managers in the last 13 years, where as it seems most managers barely make it past the 13 month mark in these modern days of football.

UTB
:happy:

Agreed,

Ron certainly give's the manager plenty of time which is fantastic.

Dress sense
Sturrock - 0/10
Brown - 0/10

Sturrock wore a skirt which is halfway to a dress, so that's probably 5/10.

Brown seems to have problems getting dressed, judging by his inability to put on the infamous pink jumper.

All the gossip has come from fans not him.

He's fuelled the gossip by saying things like "I’m certainly going to be here until the end of the season". Why mention the end of the season?

Post of the year sir.

I disagree, far to defensive. I would much rather see a more attacking post. Checking SBH's last 161 posts there have only been 205 insults. After all who wants sensible discussion, when we can have higher ratio of insults per thread.

That's good and I'm glad he took the time to do this. Good memories to have. Hopefully these memories won't be tainted when Brown jumps ship to Bolton/Villa/Insert name here

Sturrock was sacked because of the league position we were in at the time. If Brown leaves to a bigger club then surely that reflects the good job he's done at Southend?

I disagree, far to defensive. I would much rather see a more attacking post. Checking SBH's last 161 posts there have only been 205 insults. After all who wants sensible discussion, when we can have higher ratio of insults per thread.

2nd best post of the year......blooming good thread

You know these people are here to do a job and be measured on results rather than this turning into a lower league version of X Factor?

FWIW SUFC has been a mutually beneficial stop gap for both parties as far as Phil Brown is concerned. He came in talking about this being his last chance and a springboard back up. So if he does move on, thank you Phil and let's move on to the next manager.

Luggy gave us some great memories and brought in some great players.

Sod it, does it really matter who's got the better patter etc? It's not Steve Wignall/Alvin Martin/Ronnie Whelan et al and I'm happy enough with that.

Back