• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think if he does, then I'd fully expect him to be trying to get hold of some of our players.

However I personally think he'll decide to retire, or at least take some time off.

Why would he bother coming back for the same players he could not get a performance out of whilst at The Blues?

How many of the current squad are really 'Sturrock players'? Corr? Timlin? Barker? A lot of his favourites who he brought in in year one have left by now.

Didn't he say in the article in the Sunday people that he was close to 1,000 games , so was keen to break that milestone ?
Would maybe suggest he will carry on if possible.

He has also not been playing him lately despite getting us to Wembley (as a sub) and being the best player on the pitch at Wycombe.

He's saving him for his new club.

Also, not playing him will make him cheaper to sign.

If PS goes to another league 2 club (Torquay if Ling doesn't recover sufficiently ?) I would expect some players may follow him, the one i would bet on to be first would be Ryan Leonard

If PS goes to another league 2 club (Torquay if Ling doesn't recover sufficiently ?) I would expect some players may follow him, the one i would bet on to be first would be Ryan Leonard

Isn't he still under contract though?

If he does go to Torquay I wouldn't be surprised to see Barker go.

Although I like our set of players, some of the players leaving could be an okay thing to happen. When the transfer window re opens, Brown will most likely have a list of players he wants to sign so atleast will have the wages to be able to do so.

I think he would be interested in taking:
Clohessy
Cresswell
Barker
Hurst
Leonard
Timlin
Corr

He won't want:
Mohsni
Prosser
Straker
Eastwood
Smith
Phillips

Clohessy and Tomlin would be the biggest losses, all the others are realistically quite easily replaceable.

Were some way off the play offs, the players are not exactly world beaters.

Also, I feel that maybe more than a couple owe the club (Not necessarily Paul Sturrock) for offering them contracts despite being very injury prone. The likes of Phillips, Corr, Leonard etc

I think he would be interested in taking:
Clohessy
Cresswell
Barker
Hurst
Leonard
Timlin
Corr

He won't want:
Mohsni
Prosser
Straker
Eastwood
Smith
Phillips

Why would you say he won't want Prosser? He was signed as a 1st choice central defender in the summer of 2010, one of Paul's 1st signings.

Back