• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Successfull Transfer Window?

Well? Decent window or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
So, the Janruary Window is closed, and that looks to be the end of our wheelings and dealings for now. So, how does everyone feel about the transfers, both in and out? Was it a good window for us, are you happy with what's happened through Jan. Or was it a bad one?

Here's a reminder of what's happened;

Outs;

- Revell
- Betsy
- Barnard

In;

- Spencer
- Paterson
- Baldwin (Loan)
- Vernon (Loan)
- Malone (loan ext)
- M'Voto (loan ext)

We've seemingly managed to keep hold of Macca and Franno, which is a good thing.

Could be better, but then could be worse. 2 good central defenders have come in. 2 PERMANENT signings coming in. Spencer has looked like a good impact sub, while Patterson has only been played up front on his own, so still reserving judgement on him at the moment.

Good window in my opinion.

Got rid of two useless players (but what a waste of money.....)

Barnard sold for a fee. A rareity! He was always going to go.

Three strikers in. All will different attributes

3 defenders secured for the rest of the season.

Really quite good actually. Have a look, there's few club's in our league (except for the big 4) who have managed to sign many players.

I think it might be a bit early to say everything is done and dusted Nick as these things do tend to take a while to filter through but if it is so then losing Revell and Betsy is no great shakes as they'd not featured this season anyway .. Barnard is obviously a massive loss but i think we did what we had to, i'm more than a bit ****ed off at Barney as we are the only club to take a punt on him .. lots of loans and no one really showed they wanted him previously, we get him fit and scoring and he ****s off at the earliest opportunity

Spencer, Malone and M'Voto have already proved themselves adequate, and the other 3 i remain open minded about

all in all, for a club in our parlous state its not too bad assuming there aren't any last minute exits

I think it might be a bit early to say everything is done and dusted Nick as these things do tend to take a while to filter through

It would be nice to be wrong, and the club announce we've got someone in....

However, i really can't see it. Would LOVE to be wrong, but just can't see it unfortunately.

Successful window?

Not for the Hammers, they signed Mido.

Sulk like an Egyptian

100sulks5_468x292.jpg

It would be nice to be wrong, and the club announce we've got someone in....

However, i really can't see it. Would LOVE to be wrong, but just can't see it unfortunately.

LOL ... i was more worried about keeping an eye on the exit gates though !!! ;)

I think Spencer might be a nice little find, fingers crossed.

Yeah i'm on the same page as you Swissy. 2 goals in 4 substitute appearences, which actually equates to 94 minutes.

So 1 goal every 47 minutes of professional football. Imagine if he could keep that record up!!

If we keep hold of Macca and Franno then yes. Baldwin and Spencer look good additions, Mvoto will get better once hes properly fit and Vernon and Paterson will hopefully score a few goals. Think we have enough to stay up, the real test will come in he summer when all the loanees go back, the likes of Walker, Doogie and Joyce depart, and the squad will need serious rebuilding.

LOL ... i was more worried about keeping an eye on the exit gates though !!! ;)

A concern of mine aswell. Lets just hope we've kept hold of everyone. Especially Macca, Laurent anf Francis. 3 Key players for the rest of the season

So, the Janruary Window is closed, and that looks to be the end of our wheelings and dealings for now. So, how does everyone feel about the transfers, both in and out? Was it a good window for us, are you happy with what's happened through Jan. Or was it a bad one?

Here's a reminder of what's happened;

Outs;

- Revell
- Betsy
- Barnard

In;

- Spencer
- Paterson
- Baldwin (Loan)
- Vernon (Loan)
- Malone (loan ext)
- M'Voto (loan ext)

We've seemingly managed to keep hold of Macca and Franno, which is a good thing.

I think that with all things considered it's been a good January. Was concerend about Franno & Macca rumours, but it appears that they were just that, rumours. I'm still a little anxious though and will be glad when it's confirmed that no-one else has left the club.

Would of liked to see a couple more come in. Especially some creativeness on the flanks/middle of the park.

I guess it will be a "need to loan" basis now if someone gets injured.

I went for terrible because Barnard is a BIG loss and I did feel Revell should have been given another chance

I'd have liked Revs to have got another chance, but TBF, from what i understand he didn't want to be here, which you can't blame him for.

Barny is a big loss, lets just hope the new lads can carry on from where he left off

I think it might be a bit early to say everything is done and dusted Nick as these things do tend to take a while to filter through but if it is so then losing Revell and Betsy is no great shakes as they'd not featured this season anyway .. Barnard is obviously a massive loss but i think we did what we had to, i'm more than a bit ****ed off at Barney as we are the only club to take a punt on him .. lots of loans and no one really showed they wanted him previously, we get him fit and scoring and he ****s off at the earliest opportunity
Spencer, Malone and M'Voto have already proved themselves adequate, and the other 3 i remain open minded about

all in all, for a club in our parlous state its not too bad assuming there aren't any last minute exits

I know what you mean but you can't blame Barnard too much. That sort of opportunity isn't guaranteed to come around too often. It'sthe nature of football that any player who has a storming season or even 1/2 season will attract attention and not many clubs outside the CCC can afford to keep their best players.

The best we can hope for is that we get money for them when they go. Barnard could be a total flop from here on in. After all, he was for Orient.

I'm more than happy with the transfer window for us, even if no late deals are announced.

Revell and Betsy where on big wages, and out of the managers plans so getting rid of them made perfect sense, and reduced the wage bill. Barnard was always going to leavye once he decided he didn't want to sign a new contract. I wish we had got some more money for him, but at least we got a striker thrown in the deal as well.

Joining us permenantly was Spencer and Paterson. Spencer has 2 in 4, one more and he becomes joint top scorer. Paterson I think will do well, but I feel very sorry for him after his first two games he gets stuck upfront on his own, then when we bring in Vernon, he straight away gets Laurent as a partner upfront.

M'Voto is now ours till the end of the season, and once he is fully fit, he will be a superb signing. Malone, I'm not overly fused about, but at least its till the end of the season which should give us some consistency having already used Friend, White, Herd, Barrett and now Malone there. Then we have Baldwin who is a real steady eddy, and looks a real good addition to the squad. The posibility to play Francis M'Voto Baldwin Barrett makes our defence look stronger than at any other stage of the season. Vernon looked good in the game Saturday and that was his first start in 10 weeks due to injury, and only met the players on Friday.

I do feel we have missed out on some players who have either moved elsewhere, or not gone so we do have the option of bringing them in on loan next week. Players like Andros Townsend, who went to MK Dons, Matt Ritchie (Still available), Hal Robson-Kanu (Still available), Billy Jones, Michael Duberry and Simon Whalley would all have/could be good signings to improve the squad further.

I'd give it 7/10.

Back