• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
SUFC 1st Aug 76.jpg

Right you lot, found this one amongst several at home. Another one from the August 1976 Open Day, so for those older ones out there, who can you identify?

I've got a lot of them but there's a few blanks, laying down it's Stuart Parker, crouching left to right is Ronnie Pountney, Andy Ford and Steve Dyer but can't remember the guy on the end......Steve Goodwin?
Behind, Tony Hadley is the leftmost player in YEEEELLLLLLOOOOOWWWWS, don't know who is next to him, something is saying Paul Denny but don't know if that's right. The next guy in yellow I feel I should know but can't remember. Behind him is Alan Moody, then wee Davey Cunningham with his hands on Dyer's shoulders. Sean Rafter behind him in the red GK's shirt, then Terry Nicholl. Dave Smith, just peeping in at the edge.

think the guy on the end bottom row is Colin Krzoska , not sure he played for the first team ?

You sure that's Tony Hadley in yellow ? Looks like keeper John Keeley to me (was in Youth team at time) , also short blond guy in yellow is David Keefe I think ?

It's definitely Hadley, I think Harry might recognise Keeley (who was a few years later!). The home kit is awesome, the away isn't so bad either!

It's definitely Hadley, I think Harry might recognise Keeley (who was a few years later!). The home kit is awesome, the away isn't so bad either!

I played in a youth side on Canvey with Keeley , could never understand how he made it to be a professional keeper , wasn't very good then !

Is that Dave Cunningham standing with his hands on Peter Sylvesters shoulders?

Make that Cunninghams hands on Dyers shoulders.
Think the one on the right, facing away from camera is Terry Nichol and bottom right is Kenny Price.

View attachment 1691

Right you lot, found this one amongst several at home. Another one from the August 1976 Open Day, so for those older ones out there, who can you identify?

I've got a lot of them but there's a few blanks, laying down it's Stuart Parker, crouching left to right is Ronnie Pountney, Andy Ford and Steve Dyer but can't remember the guy on the end......Steve Goodwin?
Behind, Tony Hadley is the leftmost player in YEEEELLLLLLOOOOOWWWWS, don't know who is next to him, something is saying Paul Denny but don't know if that's right. The next guy in yellow I feel I should know but can't remember. Behind him is Alan Moody, then wee Davey Cunningham with his hands on Dyer's shoulders. Sean Rafter behind him in the red GK's shirt, then Terry Nicholl. Dave Smith, just peeping in at the edge.

Yep, I think that's him.

Manager Dave Smith the bald head on the far right

Front row Ron Andy Ford Steve Dyer Stuart Parker Ken Price - back Neil Townsend ( onlly back of head shows) Steve Goodwin Tony Hadly Paul Denny David Keefe Dave Cunningham Terry Nicholl Mick Buxton Alan Moody Shaun Rafter Dave Smith. And Ron is the best decorator I have ever used!

Remember Ron's name graffiteed on the side of the shop in Vic ave by st marys court ,hope he wasn't having a try at his future profession,or was OBL paintbrush!!
Front row Ron Andy Ford Steve Dyer Stuart Parker Ken Price - back Neil Townsend ( onlly back of head shows) Steve Goodwin Tony Hadly Paul Denny David Keefe Dave Cunningham Terry Nicholl Mick Buxton Alan Moody Shaun Rafter Dave Smith. And Ron is the best decorator I have ever used!

Great stuff! How did you work out Townsend from just that little bit?
Remember Ron's name graffiteed on the side of the shop in Vic ave by st marys court ,hope he wasn't having a try at his future profession,or was OBL paintbrush!!
What???!!! :omg:

Back