• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC away game expectations........

dashman

Dash De Shrimper
Now here's a thought on away games......

With the Soton game 2006/7 & the Donny game 2007/8 seasons; I wonder how long it will be before we here this from some home team fans on our forum.....?!

'After hearing so many great things about the Southend fans away support I was surprised to see so few of them at our ground...etc'

I ask the question - have we peaked?

Dash
:tumbleweed:

I feel that we havent got a reputation really, only from the Hampton and Donny fans. Some people will have noted our support from Sky but not many enough to create expectations.

I feel it will be hard to get that atmosphere at every away game, but I feel it is more then possible with constant improvement and that we can become the best fans in the country.

I feel that we havent got a reputation really, only from the Hampton and Donny fans. Some people will have noted our support from Sky but not many enough to create expectations.

I feel it will be hard to get that atmosphere at every away game, but I feel it is more then possible with constant improvement and that we can become the best fans in the country.

Why cannot we on occasion. for away games, have free coaches as we have family days at RH? Say 2/3 a year where we go out like we did vs Soton & Donny; call them something special like, I dunno, fans day!?

The atmosphere is always better at away games, but we only seem to create the party atmosphere that we did on Friday when we are losing, we need to do that throughout the whole season.

The atmosphere is always better at away games, but we only seem to create the party atmosphere that we did on Friday when we are losing, we need to do that throughout the whole season.

Yes but would we get the same reaction to the opposition scoring like we did at Donny? I dont think so.:thumbdown:

With the Soton game 2006/7 & the Donny game 2007/8 seasons; I wonder how long it will be before we here this from some home team fans on our forum.....?!

'After hearing so many great things about the Southend fans away support I was surprised to see so few of them at our ground...etc'

Dash

I do not really know to be honest all I know is I use big blue font it turns me on! :clap:

Dash

I wouldn't worry yet mate, it was one game where the fans were taken on free coaches like i said somewhere before if you either sell out or take a constantly high number of fans away week after week and make a lot of niose then you will get a reputation. It doesn't happen over night. You will however notice the boost it gives the players and the good knock on effect that has. Players who are unlikely to reach the premiership are going to be more interested in a club with good fans after all if your good but not quite good enough you don't want to play in front of one man and his dog every week

Back