• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

100!!

At the risk of annoying the mods, though hopefully they'll be kind and let this sit here for a bit until it's shuffled off to a forum where only old father time goes, yesterday eve we got to 100 members for SUEPA which in 61 days isn't bad going.

Plenty more leads being worked on too, and a few of us have a meeting tomorrow to try and work out how best to make the most of it all.

Anyway, I've purchased a bit of software which enables me to load videos up (used to be able to do this for free on Windows 8 - grrr) and have knocked up a little effort in celebration. Link thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfgMAhNdPZ0

Be kind, it's my first attempt, I'll get better re timing and using text overlays too, but for now just enjoy a little memory lane trip to a suitable backing tune.

... and if you are not yet following SUEPA's Twitter and Facebook pages, do so now (warning: I'm persistent, RTT92 being the damning evidence of that :smile:)

Andy, I wonder if it might be worth looking for non Getty images - I believe there have been numerous issues here and elsewhere in the past with their stuff being used? Also, surely we must have a better pic of Colin Morris amongst our supporters?!!!

It's a great effort though!

[video=youtube;VfgMAhNdPZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfgMAhNdPZ0[/video]

That is really good, well done.

Andy, I wonder if it might be worth looking for non Getty images - I believe there have been numerous issues here and elsewhere in the past with their stuff being used? Also, surely we must have a better pic of Colin Morris amongst our supporters?!!!

It's a great effort though!

Yep, I try to avoid them when I can and will look to be more vigilant re that. In more recent times (post Colin Morris joining) when a new signing comes along and when non copyrighted images are hard to find I look to trawl my old programme collection and take pics of the pics from there - not the best re quality and it can take time to do but I can that way stumble across some good ones. Trouble is I then see an old article from a 1975 programme for instance, get excited and read that, it then sparks a memory on something else so I look that up, the hours pass and before I know it Mrs Suffolk Shrimper is coming up the stairs threatening to take a match to my old progs.

As an aside my madness was brought to my attention by a friend this eve who was trying to engage me in a discussion about that Russian stuff old Ma May keeps harping on about at the mo. I said it could have a positive impact - an ex player I'm hoping to line up as part of a SUEPA event later this season said he is due to be out there at the time of the event (I'm being deliberately vague - it's not all set up yet) but if the little argument with the Ruskies escalates he might not get out there and be free to come along. Every cloud and all that was my view, which as my friend pointed out is perhaps possibly the only positive thing that might come out of the first instance of germ warfare in Europe since 1945. :unsure:

Well there then, is a challenge for our other programme collecting supporters - who can find us a better picture of Colin Morris and I don't mean this.....!
nook.jpg

This thread has had a good airing on Chit-Chat. Time for it to head off to the dedicated Sticky thread on Ex Shrimpers.

This thread has had a good airing on Chit-Chat. Time for it to head off to the dedicated Sticky thread on Ex Shrimpers.

I disagree - it's relevant to Southend supporters and chucking it in Ex-shrimpers will restrict the views. Please can it be left in the main forum - and can it also not be labelled as "Shrimpers Trust News"? It's a lot more than that, and is a venture for all by the Club and the Trust.

Who were the knock backs from?

I think we'd rather not say, one was quite rude, the other had genuine reasons at present and hasn't discounted it entirely.

Doesn't his son still play for our youngsters?

We're going to get the Academy people a bit more involved, there are a few leads to follow up over there including Fred, and Marky Gower, and Bill Garner.

At the risk of annoying the mods, though hopefully they'll be kind and let this sit here for a bit until it's shuffled off to a forum where only old father time goes, yesterday eve we got to 100 members for SUEPA which in 61 days isn't bad going.

Plenty more leads being worked on too, and a few of us have a meeting tomorrow to try and work out how best to make the most of it all.

Anyway, I've purchased a bit of software which enables me to load videos up (used to be able to do this for free on Windows 8 - grrr) and have knocked up a little effort in celebration. Link thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfgMAhNdPZ0

Be kind, it's my first attempt, I'll get better re timing and using text overlays too, but for now just enjoy a little memory lane trip to a suitable backing tune.

... and if you are not yet following SUEPA's Twitter and Facebook pages, do so now (warning: I'm persistent, RTT92 being the damning evidence of that :smile:)

Excellent work! Definitely makes you a SUEPA trooper in my eyes :thumbsup:

Thank you to whoever changed things for this thread to keep it in the forefront of supporters' thoughts. :clap:

Thank you to whoever changed things for this thread to keep it in the forefront of supporters' thoughts. :clap:

I only added you a Prefix, we have no actual clue as to how it ended up as a sticky, but we are quite happy to leave it there for a few days.

Great initiative and great work from all on this Kay, but it’s just here temporarily. Then we’ll be moving it over to the correct forum. (Aha, Cricko beat me to it).

I’m curious about your earlier post though - who (rudely) knocked us back and why that wouldn’t want to be for public consumption?

Great initiative and great work from all on this Kay, but it’s just here temporarily. Then we’ll be moving it over to the correct forum. (Aha, Cricko beat me to it).

Was pleased to see it where it is when logged on to SZ this morn. Long may it stay there.

I’m curious about your earlier post though - who (rudely) knocked us back and why that wouldn’t want to be for public consumption?[/QUOTE said:
I agree with Kay that it would certainly not be right to say - whilst we might think that SUEPA is a 'win win' for all involved we need to respect peoples decisions and keep them private. Plus we should not let this distract from all of the immensely positive stuff that SUEPA is generating. Now, where was I? Ah yes, viewing the SUEPA theme tune video for the 81st time. All together now .....................

Is there any way on one of the original posts you could put the full list of members and then edit it and add to it when people join?

It will give people the chance to see who is already involved and maybe help with other members getting in touch with players who aren’t members.

Is there any way on one of the original posts you could put the full list of members and then edit it and add to it when people join?

It will give people the chance to see who is already involved and maybe help with other members getting in touch with players who aren’t members.

Sounds a good idea Ricey, I'm sure Andy can sort that out.

Back