• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The centre spread of the Echo today has the full technicolour photograph of this year's 1st team squad. It looks pretty recent as everyone is in it including O'Neill.

Highlights for me are the haircuts, some of which are truly monstrous and will probably go down as the best in bad hair taste over the next decade. Maybe a poll later on to decide who has the worst barnet?

Other highlights include the backroom staff which look as if they have been positioned strategically to weigh down the squad, just in case it was windy. Finally, the old chaps in the suits in the middle of the front row look like an old uncles gathering at a wedding. A truly great photo.

(and its to big for me to scan it, ok)

Can anyone help me out with a few:

Front row right, between Hurst and Thompson

2nd row right, next to Prosser

Back row middle, between Mooney and Pigott (Wordsworth?)

Anyone have any idea why PB wouldn't let any of the players talk to the Echo after the game?

Can anyone help me out with a few:

Front row right, between Hurst and Thompson

2nd row right, next to Prosser

Back row middle, between Mooney and Pigott (Wordsworth?)

In my Echo the names are printed underneath the photo !!

Brian Horton is described as football co-ordinator. Does anyone actually know what that means?

Its not Just the Echo though, BBC Essex , and any other media who were entitled to be there, were given "access " to JW only.

Yeah thats a good point, Williams was on the radio after the game too.

Odd sending out someone who only was on the pitch a minute or two, Brown just doing the very minimum I guess.

Anyone know if the team photo is on-line anywhere? Never got around to buying the paper..

Back