• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Podcast SUFC Goals Podcast

SUFCGoals

Striker
Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me posting this in here, but after some deliberation, we have decided to start a podcast and talk about everything Blues.

Perfect for your morning commute or just to listen to as some company.

We talk about which players out of contract players we'd keep in an ideal situation.

I'd love to get some feedback on how to improve as we are extremely raw with this being our first podcast - everyone has to start somewhere right?!

Thanks all!!

Is this available on Apple Podcasts?

Will have a listen soon. Is it just about our goals we have scored ?

Just had a listen to the whole episode.

First and foremost, well done for putting it together. An SUFC podcast has long been on my to do list but havent got round to it. With this in mind, I always listen to Southend related stuff because 1, it's good to have Southend United Content and 2, I like to see if there's anything on it I would have done.

Little bit of feedback from the perspective of a listener and certainly not an expert by any means.

About the podcast itself:
  • Kudos for the Sound Quality. Nothing worse than listening to a podcast when you can't hear one of the presenters
  • The presenters didn't give their names. It's mentioned that SUFC Goals is potentially "infamous/famous" I don't know who you are. so particularly on the first episode, a bit of background on who you are both as a "brand name" as you mention above, but also as people would have been nice.
  • Maybe add a tag on Anchor ( I assume that's what you have used to upload to spotify) about the swearing. I for one dont mind it, but some may listen in the car or at home with their kids, so just a heads up wouldn't go a miss.
On the content:

• 3.09 " Giving it all the Barry" Intriguing turn of phrase. Who is Barry and why and how has Carl been giving him?
  • Appreciate its the first episode, but a few too many umms and errs early doors
  • One presenter mentions the liverpool game in the 70's and the high attendance. Grounds are all seater now, so you aren't gonna get that many people in roots hall nowadays. It's probably fair to say that overall, capacity's at the majority of grounds is less now than it was when you could stand.
  • 5.35 - "bored of the whole thing" why talk about it then? It's your podcast, you can talk about whatever you like. If you are bored of it, why should listeners invest in your opinion?
  • 11.10 "You the viewer" Is this also filmed?

Fair play for doing it. give people some insight into why they should listen to further episodes. You have to feel invested in a podcast/TV show/band etc to continue listening to new stuff.

Point in case:

If you know about my twitter page you’d understand. It’s a brand name. Not misleading if you know!

You have a good amount of followers, but the majority of the fan base don't follow you.

Just my tuppence worth.

Again, well done for doing it.

All the best.

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me posting this in here, but after some deliberation, we have decided to start a podcast and talk about everything Blues.

Perfect for your morning commute or just to listen to as some company.

We talk about which players out of contract players we'd keep in an ideal situation.

I'd love to get some feedback on how to improve as we are extremely raw with this being our first podcast - everyone has to start somewhere right?!

Thanks all!!

Had a listen on my commute into work this morning, good listen! If you need a guest for an future EP's give me a shout!

Just had a listen to the whole episode.

First and foremost, well done for putting it together. An SUFC podcast has long been on my to do list but havent got round to it. With this in mind, I always listen to Southend related stuff because 1, it's good to have Southend United Content and 2, I like to see if there's anything on it I would have done.

Little bit of feedback from the perspective of a listener and certainly not an expert by any means.

About the podcast itself:
  • Kudos for the Sound Quality. Nothing worse than listening to a podcast when you can't hear one of the presenters
  • The presenters didn't give their names. It's mentioned that SUFC Goals is potentially "infamous/famous" I don't know who you are. so particularly on the first episode, a bit of background on who you are both as a "brand name" as you mention above, but also as people would have been nice.
  • Maybe add a tag on Anchor ( I assume that's what you have used to upload to spotify) about the swearing. I for one dont mind it, but some may listen in the car or at home with their kids, so just a heads up wouldn't go a miss.
On the content:

• 3.09 " Giving it all the Barry" Intriguing turn of phrase. Who is Barry and why and how has Carl been giving him?
  • Appreciate its the first episode, but a few too many umms and errs early doors
  • One presenter mentions the liverpool game in the 70's and the high attendance. Grounds are all seater now, so you aren't gonna get that many people in roots hall nowadays. It's probably fair to say that overall, capacity's at the majority of grounds is less now than it was when you could stand.
  • 5.35 - "bored of the whole thing" why talk about it then? It's your podcast, you can talk about whatever you like. If you are bored of it, why should listeners invest in your opinion?
  • 11.10 "You the viewer" Is this also filmed?

Fair play for doing it. give people some insight into why they should listen to further episodes. You have to feel invested in a podcast/TV show/band etc to continue listening to new stuff.

Point in case:

You have a good amount of followers, but the majority of the fan base don't follow you.

Just my tuppence worth.

Again, well done for doing it.

All the best.
Really appreciate the feedback!

We are still wet behind the ears and raw in the podcasting world so we are trying to make improvements as we go.

There's a lot that we have take on board from what you said so I really appreciate it.

In terms of giving it the Barry I've had to enquire with my co-host what it means too!!!!

Unfortunately they aren't filmed yet and that's something we are looking to do in the future - along with uploading to Apple Podcasts too.

Please continue to give more feedback where you feel it's necessary, we hope you listen to the next one!

Great listen. Really enjoyed it and considering it’s a first go-great job boys

Liked the development of the conversation around the out of contract players, keeping Ron bashing to a minimum and the sound quality of both of you was great

Might be an idea to give us some context of who you are, where you sit, length of support etc.

Only other thing I’d say is how are you going to differentiate yourself from other sufc podcasts?

Wish you well. Look forward to the next one

Great listen. Really enjoyed it and considering it’s a first go-great job boys

Liked the development of the conversation around the out of contract players, keeping Ron bashing to a minimum and the sound quality of both of you was great

Might be an idea to give us some context of who you are, where you sit, length of support etc.

Only other thing I’d say is how are you going to differentiate yourself from other sufc podcasts?

Wish you well. Look forward to the next one
Thanks so much for the positive feedback! It's only going to get better thats for sure

Really appreciated! Let us know your feedback!

I did listen to the podcast. Love the concept and thought the discussion was good, but like some others have said, glad I was on my own in the car. As the swearing made it sound too much like two blokes down the pub, rather than a fact based conversation.

Still only the first one, polish the edges off and it could have legs.

Back