• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC in dire straits.

lombard

Youth Team
The club from top to bottom is in a dire situation.A chairman,whose only goal, prize,is to get the stadium built, and Roots Hall built upon.He claims to want the club to do well.Yes,we all doubt he has a vested interest.Winding up orders galore, ex managers owed monies, some staff sometimes delayed paying wages.What a way to run a business !!! The whole scenario is a total mess. Perhaps it might be an idea to go into liquidation and start again ?I really feel for Sol,it would give me great pleasure if he pulled a rabbit out of the hat.He certainly is not to blame in any way.The chairman is though.He is very much out of his depth.SUFC does have few assets, and has been said previously, the Crown Jewels were hived off, the ground, soon after the "Blond One" took control of the club.What a sorry state of affairs the club is in.Any ones guess where we stumble to next ?

The club from top to bottom is in a dire situation.A chairman,whose only goal, prize,is to get the stadium built, and Roots Hall built upon.He claims to want the club to do well.Yes,we all doubt he has a vested interest.Winding up orders galore, ex managers owed monies, some staff sometimes delayed paying wages.What a way to run a business !!! The whole scenario is a total mess. Perhaps it might be an idea to go into liquidation and start again ?I really feel for Sol,it would give me great pleasure if he pulled a rabbit out of the hat.He certainly is not to blame in any way.The chairman is though.He is very much out of his depth.SUFC does have few assets, and has been said previously, the Crown Jewels were hived off, the ground, soon after the "Blond One" took control of the club.What a sorry state of affairs the club is in.Any ones guess where we stumble to next ?

Best post today,because it's correct.

It does start from the top. People can lose interest or the hunger after such a long time.

He of course got Bond decision right until the end of the season but I'm not sure what else of late. The managerial farce was... well a farce.

A CEO or someone is a must. Also Roger Cross the "head scout" is still in employment....

'So far away' from success, players getting 'money for nothing'. Very difficult for 'Sol-tans of swing' Campbell. Cheers

Do you do an English version of this ?

Why worry, there should be laughter after pain
There should be sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same
So why worry now?

Actually the supporters club used to own the ground. They gave (not sold, gave) it to Vic Jobson who mortgaged it to the hilt.

Actually the supporters club used to own the ground. They gave (not sold, gave) it to Vic Jobson who mortgaged it to the hilt.
I won't make that mistake when I win Euromillions on Friday, i'll buy it and keep it until it falls down, which won't be long, but it will be a laugh making the current squad sweep the stands and paint the bogs.

To sum up this season (by my calculations!)

P22 W2 D2 L18 F20 A57

That's dire by any standards!

While I completely agree that the club is being run in a totally shambolic way, I can't agree with the 'liquidation and start again' view which I think is absolute total bollocks.

Unfortunately if people think it would be as simple as starting a new club further down the pyramid and away we go, they are living in cloud cuckoo land. There would be splits in the fan base of how to do things - Scarborough IIRC ended up forming two new teams. Bury are looking into a phoenix club, but the original entity has not been liquidated yet. We don't own Roots Hall, would we even have anywhere to play?

So while I think the original poster is spot on with everything else, liquidation may well be the end, not the start.

Back