• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bit off topic but I can't recommend Frameworks and I've known them refuse to do anything related to Southend in the past as their son was once on the youth books and then was dropped! Bit petty to turn away business but I've never forgotten that - there's also another personal reason, relating to a close friend of mine which means they'll never get a penny out of me ever again.

The Trust use a guy who used to have a shop in Benfleet High Road, he now does all his framing from his workshop at home. If you drop Beaver a line via the Trust info email, he'll get back to you with contact details. info@shrimperstrust.co.uk

Adam Barrett is a regular customer of theirs. Which is why I got his signed shirt framed by them just last year. Not for me but for a much more deserving fan.

Adam Barrett is a regular customer of theirs. Which is why I got his signed shirt framed by them just last year. Not for me but for a much more deserving fan.

They have clearly realised they were cutting their noses off to spite their faces then, it was some years back now. As I said I have a more personal reason for refusing to step in their shop ever again.

I have a framed centenary shirt, signed by the first team at the time. It was given to me as a wedding present from my pals.

They have clearly realised they were cutting their noses off to spite their faces then, it was some years back now. As I said I have a more personal reason for refusing to step in their shop ever again.

That's fair enough. I have no connection to the shop but the job they done for me was fine.

Finally all the memories from over 55 years of supporting my local club and the many players I have come across in all those years especially the friends that I retain to this day from the "Halcyon Days" of the middle to late 60's & early 70's.

Nice thoughts and we still share those great memories Nobbler. See you Saturday in the Shrimpers! :smile:

I got a couple of those membership cards somewhere,i think one from the late 60s.
Also had some from the 70s...followed by 2 letters from the club telling me i was then barred.
Even found one coach ticket...Brad City or somewhere...Kev wrote on the top ..OZZIE TOURS

my best item is still Parkers(no9) promotion shirt..from the last away game v Newport(OZZIE TOURS)
My first blue-white scarf,with the mid 60s club badge....looks like the Southend on Sea badge...with Southend United wriiten on top of it.
Also got 5 rosettes,3 from he 60s...all this stuff ,with loads of autographs etc,are hanging on my walls in MY room,my man cave

Andy Ansah gave me his match shirt (Yellow Hi-Tec no. 7) on the last day of the season at the Old Den. I assume in those days they wore them most of the season. Had all the Football League badges on the arms etc.

Top top bloke..

A Chelsea v Southend pin badge with the wrong date.Must be worth a fortune.:cool::unsure:

What a Day.jpgFirst Home Game.jpgFirst Away Game.jpgIn Russia.jpg

I've got a loft full of this stuff, but these three games are etched on my memory forever. The Russia Tour I can't even remember, but I suppose it was more exciting than playing Championship Under 21 sides and schlepping all over Essex playing non-league sides and the players getting the granny kicked out them by no-marks with an axe to grind.

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

The last one was framed by Frameworks.

We do, of course, have large numbers of signed shirts adorning the walls of the Shrimpers Bar, plus some "special" photos, including one of the Liverpool game. In the foyer, there are also pictures going back over the whole century of the club up to our centennial season. I think we also have our "Hall of Fame" up, which, I believe is up for a re-fresh soon and for some new inductees to be added - of which I fully expect Adam Barrett to be one.

You don't have to be a member to come in the bar, people are always welcome on match days.

Back