• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
Evening guys,

Really sorry but internet is slow out here - its running REALLY fast this evening and it has still taken nearly 20 mins to get on and then fianlly logon!

Still having an amazing time out here - although suffered a bout of gastric-flue which was not so nice (always bad when you can't put loo roll down the toilet and you have to put it in the little bin!). Fully recovered now.

Sorry I know some of you have sent me private messages but for some reason I can't get into my inbox - if you want an actual reply best bet is so me an email at andy.ethiopia07@googlemail.com as I am not checking my other one too much

A SUFC-related update.... the boys are now fully trained and when they see any snippet on the TV in any of the bars here (they hang around outside to get the footy news) and so there was big cheers when arrived in the project this morning and I didn't even know why! (The children then went on to tell me, 'Who needs Eastwood when you have Bradbury!?!')

The flag (I think possible that used to be in the Spread?) is now attached in the wall in the classroom as you can see from the below pictures....

n36901685_34516482_4270.jpg

n36901685_34516481_3939.jpg

Since these were taken, above it is now written "OUR SECOND TEAM..." which makes me proud every day!

The shirts have not been given out yet... the trouble is a near riot will break out if I just 'give out' the shirts as everyone is desperate for a Southend shirt - however they are being used as prizes and as soon as that is done they'll be photos! Some of the girls are going to help me remove sleeves etc on some of the larger ones so they will fit.

I know it is a bloody long read, but if you want to know anything else about the amazingness of everything out here, please do have a read of my, sometimes long, writings and reflections at www.ethiopia07.org.uk or just look at the pitcures..... ;)

Thanks for all the messages of support and kind words along the way,
Much much appreciated!

In an internet cafe in Mekele,
Andy
:cool:

Great News Andy.........You are doing a fantastic job ..the first beers on me when you get back mate ..

John.

Right,
I have finally started writing my article for All At Sea....
Apart from how shirts were used, the LDV flag (as pictured) and other general SUFC related stories any thing else you boys and girls want to read about? :)
Sorry for my lack of posting on here but no rest between my return and my return to school are taking their toll a little.....

Back