• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My greatest moments as a Southend fan...

1) Deleting the Live Thread
2) Pigott's goal v Wycombe
3) Bentley's second penalty save v Wycombe
4) Elephant polo

Yes, some of us have elephant like memories!!! :thump:

Seriously though, well done all, looks like everyone had a great evening!

How the hell did those reprobates win
Apologies to those I don't know but they must have been the brains

Simon yes not bad
Mickey alright
Kerry decent knowledge

Lee Venus You are having a laugh !

Lol chuckle...

It was a great night, and the questions were challenging. We got 3 on the picture road and two of the players I'd never heard of!

Thanks to those who arranged it, and its for an excellent cause.

If it's run next year, I'm sure we'll seek to retain our title (come join us Tone, a proper Blues on Tour team).

Lord Football
2016 Southend United Quiz Champion :D

How the hell did those reprobates win
Apologies to those I don't know but they must have been the brains

Simon yes not bad
Mickey alright
Kerry decent knowledge

Lee Venus You are having a laugh !

Mr Venus is not happy with your comment :hilarious:

If my memory hasn't completely gone by then I will.

Question for you Lord.

What game did a certain M Staines rip his hand open on the fence at the game and end up going to Hospital. !

Also what game did Simon rip me off with Chris Avis by giving me 3 Queens whilst Simon had 3 Kings. (grotty hotel room near a big city railway station if it helps )

Lol chuckle...

It was a great night, and the questions were challenging. We got 3 on the picture road and two of the players I'd never heard of!

Thanks to those who arranged it, and its for an excellent cause.

If it's run next year, I'm sure we'll seek to retain our title (come join us Tone, a proper Blues on Tour team).

Lord Football
2016 Southend United Quiz Champion :D

It was indeed a really good night, I was in Team Will Atkinson with my Dad and brothers. We did ok but should have done a bit better, we definitely let a few points slip through our fingers . The highlight though was meeting the great man, we had a good chat and he signed my Southend shirt which I will be getting framed. :Worthy::Worthy:

What game did a certain M Staines rip his hand open on the fence at the game and end up going to Hospital. !

I can confirm it was Scarborough away in 1990, ended up 1 all with a Nicky Smith Penalty. Suffice to say I wasnt too popular with the coach having to wait at the hospital for me :)

Really enjoyed the quiz as well as being in the winning team from the Ben Coker table, although we only had 6 people too we had lots of sad knowledge between us, although we failed big time in the "picture round". Hope it can be sorted again next year as was a good night. Well done everyone involved

I can confirm it was Scarborough away in 1990, ended up 1 all with a Nicky Smith Penalty. Suffice to say I wasnt too popular with the coach having to wait at the hospital for me :)

Really enjoyed the quiz as well as being in the winning team from the Ben Coker table, although we only had 6 people too we had lots of sad knowledge between us, although we failed big time in the "picture round". Hope it can be sorted again next year as was a good night. Well done everyone involved

Young man.
you show at the bottom of the post Aston villa as being still to do.
Were you not one of the many back in the day that couldn't be bothered to actually watch us up north that day and instead went to watch Villa at home against Wimbledon. Memory serves we almost doubled their away crowd that day (artistic licence) ?

Young man.
you show at the bottom of the post Aston villa as being still to do.
Were you not one of the many back in the day that couldn't be bothered to actually watch us up north that day and instead went to watch Villa at home against Wimbledon. Memory serves we almost doubled their away crowd that day (artistic licence) ?
no dont recall doing Villa at all, probably was at some Northern dump instead!

It was a very good evening indeed. I was on the Kevan Hurst table, came 3rd and some of the questions were bloomin' difficult!

Well done to the winners sat just behind us, who I'm sure were earwigging all our answers...

:winking:

Question for you Lord.

Also what game did Simon rip me off with Chris Avis by giving me 3 Queens whilst Simon had 3 Kings. (grotty hotel room near a big city railway station if it helps )

We spoke about the Scarborough game, I knew the date (17th March!!)

The famous brag game was the triple event, Oldham v W Ham and Tranny v Cambridge on Good Friday followed by our defeat at Bolton the following day. Si got saw Bobby Moore at a petrol station and got an autograph. Twas a "hotel" in Liverpool.

Dam. I totally forgot all about this.
When the next one is planned hopefully I can enter. Team

Back