• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
just home from a very enjoyable and excellently run quiz night. All in the aid of charity, around £2300 raised on the night. 16 teams entered, around 130 people. Pie and chips to start followed by 10 rounds of questions....I think!

A very moving speech by a guy at the start (apologies I'm hopeless with names) who's daughter died in 2007 from cancer of the brain aged just 13 but who spent some time at Little Havens, a truly wonderful place.

Thanks to @sufchistory and Chris Phillips for all the organising and hardwork, also to BBC Essex Nick Allicker, the quiz master. Special mention to the legend Adam Barrett for being there tonight, signed God knows how many autographs and posed for many many photos. A great night for a great cause.

i would urge anyone who missed it this year to please sign up and support next year, if as we all hope it runs again.

A very moving speech by a guy at the start (apologies I'm hopeless with names) who's daughter died in 2007 from cancer of the brain aged just 13 but who spent some time at Little Havens, a truly wonderful place.

I think you'll find that was SZ's very own Hawkwell Blue........

Last edited by a moderator:
just home from a very enjoyable and excellently run quiz night. All in the aid of charity, around £2300 raised on the night. 16 teams entered, around 130 people. Pie and chips to start followed by 10 rounds of questions....I think!

Thanks to @sufchistory and Chris Phillips for all the organising and hardwork, also to BBC Essex Nick Allicker, the quiz master. Special mention to the legend Adam Barrett for being there tonight, signed God knows how many autographs and posed for many many photos. A great night for a great cause.

i would urge anyone who missed it this year to please sign up and support next year, if as we all hope it runs again.

A really top night, I was on the "Myles Weston" table for the evening. Well done to all who organised with special mentions to Chris Phillips, Nick Alliker, Dave Goody, Adam Barrett and Hawkwell Blue. I told Nick Alliker on the way out that if there's another quiz night next year then you can count my team in! :thumbsup:

I am that guy, thank you for your kind words, and getting "Gary Deegan" to 5th was a great effort by my team when you consider the amount of anoraks there. Now what is the collective noun for "anoraks" :smile:

Adam Barrett, what a top bloke, and what a good night raising much needed money for the hospices.

Nick.

I am that guy, thank you for your kind words, and getting "Gary Deegan" to 5th was a great effort by my team when you consider the amount of anoraks there. Now what is the collective noun for "anoraks" :smile:

Adam Barrett, what a top bloke, and what a good night raising much needed money for the hospices.

Nick.

Thanks, it was a pleasure to meet you and as a parent myself i can not imagine what u must have gone through as a family.

We were 'David Mooney', we made a slow start, got caught offside a few times and then finished 6th...roughly his goal count for the season i think

Maybe the questions and answers could be published as a way of raising a bit of extra revenue. I would gladly pay to see how inept I would have been!

Maybe the questions and answers could be published as a way of raising a bit of extra revenue. I would gladly pay to see how inept I would have been!

Ha ha, yes join the rest of us. Amazing how obscure some of the questions were that we got right, yet some of the simpler ones we struggled with. Did highlight at times some of the truely shocking players weve had over the years!

That's a good idea :thumbsup: I'd pay for the questions aswell, as the funds are going to charity.

Nick.

Ain't the internet a wonderful thing:

http://all-sorts.org/nouns/anoraks

We finished 4th which we were pleased with as only 5 of the 8 people at our table were Blues fans. The quiz was extremely well put together, the "rounds" were interesting and some of the questions were very difficult which made it all the more fun. That picture round was bloody tough - it's amazing how much Anto Flood looked like Peter Clarke from the angle we had! :smile:

One table paid an extra £80 to "buy" Adam Barrett for the quiz which was a shrewd move as one of the rounds was on the subject of....Adam Barrett! :smile:

Hats off to all. Top night. And well done to Nick (Hawkwell Blue) on a very moving speech. Very sorry for your loss.

Definitely got to do one on a Saturday night instead of midweek as midweek isn't convenient to everyone

#ElephantPolo

My greatest moments as a Southend fan...

1) Deleting the Live Thread
2) Pigott's goal v Wycombe
3) Bentley's second penalty save v Wycombe
4) Elephant polo

8849806.jpg

Back