• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have a response from Tara this morning, regarding shareholders and the promotions that we used to get under the previous stewardship.

at the fans forum I held in july I outlined the plan, the direct style of play and my commitment to the supporters that I would get us promoted, I was promised in return by the fans that they would come out in force and suppost the team. We've now got the winning team.

mmm, strictly speaking, Tara, the commitment to get us promoted is still a long way short of fulfillment though things are looking very good at the moment.
I wonder what sort of attendances constitute 'turning out in force'? The increase in support is happening slowly too but I can't see us getting back to 8k average crowds unless we are near the top of L1. Not going to get 10k average unless we get into the Championship.
ps MK you are filthy capitalist pig-dog for buying shares, shame on you

Can never understand why clubs fail to reward our home support. Something along the lines of twenty pounds off in the club shop if you buy five home tickets and therefore double our biggest crowd this season?

Edited for accuracy.

General question - Do people see us as a long ball side as I really dont. Preston for example I felt were long ball.

I think we are not as long ball as we were last season or even at the start of this. My first game of this season was Accrington away in August and at half-time we had been so dire I really wondered how many games I could actually face watching this season.
We have passed it around a lot more since then in the games I have seen though I noticed at Dagenham when we were under pressure, there were signs of a return to the 'hoof it anywhere as long as its upfield' approach of last season

Back