• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC u23s - 2018/19

NORMAN Wabo bagged the only goal of the game as Southend United’s under 23 team triumphed 1-0 at Leyton Orient this afternoon.

More...

SOUTHEND United’s Isaac Hutchinson built on his memorable first team debut by firing home a hat-trick in the Shrimpers under 23 team’s 6-3 win against Barnet this afternoon.

More...

Great to see Hutchinson react so positively to his first team exposure.

I'd like to think he's secured himself a place on the bench for Saturday and some minutes when we go 3-0 up.

NORMAN Wabo fired home a hat-trick to help Southend United’s under 23 team start their league season with a 5-2 win against Peterborough United.

More...

about time he was given a chance at least in the squad...I know it may ruffle established players feathers but at the very least the ldv...lets just see how he goes...it worked for dru last year and now he is seen as a talisman who will await with bated breath to return...loanee and hopper up front and find a way to get cox behind the front two maybe at the expense of macca and then wabo on the bench with theo....3 in mid with the return of dru and the width options on the bench as our fbs give plenty of width anyway ...I guess cp preferred option is 2 wingers so this is unlikely...shame!!

CP won’t play McCoulsky when he’s scoring in cup games. He’s hardly going to give Wabo a chance after scoring in u23 games.

CP also went large in the press about Hutchinsons performances and he didnt get rewarded either with a few bottom splinters from the bench and a rewarding experience of first team muckerdom

Norman should certainly be part of the first team squad.

Totally agree, the way he has been banging them in for U23's last season before going on loan to Ebbsfleet, and continuing his good form this season, i'm surprised he isn't making the match day team sheet.

NORMAN Wabo hopes to have fired his way into first team contention after netting a hat-trick in Southend United’s under-23 team’s 5-2 win against Peterborough United yesterday.

More...

In the match day program recently there was an interview with one of the other youth teamers and I think it asked them who their closest friend was. The answer given was 'definitely not Norman Wabo'. It is probably nothing at all, but it did make me wonder if he doesn't get on with his team-mates and this is a factor in SCP not selecting him. Of course this is purely speculation on my part and is probably way off the mark.

In the match day program recently there was an interview with one of the other youth teamers and I think it asked them who their closest friend was. The answer given was 'definitely not Norman Wabo'. It is probably nothing at all, but it did make me wonder if he doesn't get on with his team-mates and this is a factor in SCP not selecting him. Of course this is purely speculation on my part and is probably way off the mark.

I saw that today it was Lewis Gard, it does look like it was a running joke they have with Wabo.

Did he ever sign that new contract?
Just a feeling but there is something that is holding him back- maybe just the coaches don't think he game is there yet even if he knows where the target is.

We had another guy Jason Williams? Who banged them in at u23 level and was nowhere near starting L2

Norman went to National League and didn't get starts yet we are hoping he can be starting at L1 level?

I am sure he will get a chance and he will need to take it

Surely Normski must be ahead of Robinson i the pecking order? Give the lad a chance CP !

I'm keen for Wabo to get his chance but he's scored 8 in 8 reserve team matches whilst Theo has scored 7 in his last 7 league starts (plus some sub appearances).

Given his current form, I think Wabo should start in the Checkatrade, in order to rest the more senior players.

That being said, the next game is against Col Ewe!!... We can't afford to lose against them!!

Very easy to say this stuff and he does seem to be tearing up the u23 league, but we don’t know what goes on in training, his attitude, work rate etc, we just see goals on a team sheet. Doesn’t always make a complete player

I saw that today it was Lewis Gard, it does look like it was a running joke they have with Wabo.

That would make more sense. I did think it was a little inappropriate to mention in a matchday program if he really did have an issue with him.

Won 5-2 at Pompey. A hattrick for youth-teamer Matt Rush, plus goals from Wabo and Kelman.

Back