• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC v Barnsley Ratings

Flavs 6 not too much to do
Hunt 6 let JCR mug him for the goal but generally ok
Clarke 6 looked solid with Barrett for a change but usual woeful distribution
Barrett 7 good all round performance, a relief after Hartlepool
Francis 5 never seemed to know what to do with the ball
Bailey 6 buzzed around but not enough end product
McCormack 5 poor, always looked backwards
Gower 6 in and out but some good stuff in last quarter of game
Hooper 5 had no real impact on game
Black 8 my MOM, made the defenders life difficult, tried throughout and perhaps one of his best displays for us
(Barnard) (7) (looked promising, good control)

A reasonable performance but I think the midfield let the team down tonight with very little forward movement, though maybe that's why we looked more solid at the back

For Tues I would have same team bar:

Kev in for Macca
Barnard in for Hoops
Scannell in for Francis

UTB

For Tues I would have same team bar:

Kev in for Macca
Barnard in for Hoops
Scannell in for Francis

UTB

Don't forget Hunt is suspended for Tuesday - my guess is Black will switch to the right with Barnard up front with Hooper and Francis at RB

Flavs 5 - was like schoolboy keeper. Was badly at fault for the goal & gave no confidence to his defence. Less said about it his teflon gloves, the better. Not the positive keeper of the last few seasons.

Flavs 5 - was like schoolboy keeper. Was badly at fault for the goal & gave no confidence to his defence. Less said about it his teflon gloves, the better. Not the positive keeper of the last few seasons.

Dont forget when he was playing on form he was going into game with the confidence of having had good past games and the fans chanting his name.

Being dropped for Collis may have knocked his confidence!:cry:

Dont forget when he was playing on form he was going into game with the confidence of having had good past games and the fans chanting his name.

Being dropped for Collis may have knocked his confidence!:cry:

A lot of chanting of Flavs name in the second half from where I was sitting and not to disappointed acknowledged it every time.

Didnt get a decent view of their goal tbh to say whether he was at fault. Looked a good goal to me.....from where i was i wouldnt have said Flavs should have done better. And before people have a go, i repeat "from where i was"....

Needs some games. Didnt do a lot wrong for me as they didnt really have that many chances tbh.

We just need the goal scorer up front and a tight defence. Apart from the goal I thought the defence coped pretty well tonight especially against a higher league team which has spent a lot of money compared to us....but then thats what being a league above gives you..We dont have that luxury unfortunately.

Why do some people have such a downer on Flavs? I thought he had a good game and would have rated him a 7. He made some good saves, including gathers from corners and I echo what Southminster says really, from my seat there was little he could do about the goal. It was one of JCR's flashes of brilliance. Other than that, I mostly agree with the ratings, Hoops was unlucky and looked bad because of the poor service. I've said before, he can't play back to goal and was never going to get balls over the top with tall defenders, he did have a couple of decent goes but all credit to Barnsley for not allowing space in their half in front of goal.

IMO the backward passing in the first half cost us the game, and I think Macca was the main culprit of this, so I'd agree with Kev coming in for him on Tuesday.

I should get 10/10 :)

Na sorry, the crunching tackle that takes the wind out of the opposing player's sails certainly has its place in the game, but if you get red-carded for it, it hands the advantage back to your opponent.

7/10, do it behind the ref's back next time!

:thump:

Black was my MOM.

As for Barnard - the lad tried (which was the least he was going to do on his debut). Glad to see a SUFC forward letting the defence know he was there....

Lets get real we where playing a side from a higher division and in the most part i thought that the players gave everything , but just didnt get the rub of the green. I honestly beleive that jcr was a cross come shot and also that flahavan was badly positioned and lacked the height to reach those shots. I think we need to invest in a really quality keeper.

Just saw the goal and anyone who isn't 5 foot 5 inches would have saved it! I think Collis would have headed it away!

Kev

gower needs to sort out his crosses and corners. corners were poor throughout the game. hammell only had a few corners and they were quality, put in the right area and threatened the barnsley goal. gowers were lucky to get passed the near post.

also thought flavs should have done a whole lot better with the jcr goal.

I was sitting in the East Stand Greens and was right in line with JCR and Flavs for the goal and have to agree with the previous post Flavs should have stopped it. It was from 20 - 25 yards with nobody in the way to block his view. It did swerve a bit but all around me agreed Collis would probably have saved it.

Even so the back passing was so frustrating, I agree with keeping the ball and not just hoofing it upfield but we came back and back then back to Flavs so many times we looked like the team in front. Flavs did well on a lot of the pass backs which ended up as 50 -50's

I was sitting in the East Stand Greens and was right in line with JCR and Flavs for the goal and have to agree with the previous post Flavs should have stopped it. It was from 20 - 25 yards with nobody in the way to block his view. It did swerve a bit but all around me agreed Collis would probably have saved it.

Pretty much what I've just said on Wiggy's ratings thread. Bring back Collis.

Just saw the goal and anyone who isn't 5 foot 5 inches would have saved it! I think Collis would have headed it away!

Kev

No he wouldn't. He would have had to catch it or it would have hit him in the nuts!!! :cry:

I don't have a downer on Flavs, I want whatevers best for SUFC. Flavs has saved so many times over the last few season, that I would not be too critical of him. He made a mistake end of! A lot of teams have sussed us out & Flavs especially. Look how many teams try to put corners under his crossbar? Most! Having met Flavs a few times, I have nothing but praise for him for being friendly & approachable (unlike our skipper!) but he is tiny. I may be 6ft 2 & a bit heavy ;) but he must find it difficult against bigger players.

For the record I'm a big fan of Flavs & I hope he gets his confidence back quickly, as on his day he's a better keeper than Collis. As a keeper, his confidence is shot. As somebody who played as a G/K for many years, when your head is down, its difficult to get it back up again. Sooner or later he will have a stormer of a game & will be the old Flavs again!! HOPEFULLY!!

Back