• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Technician

I don't know how many of you have read the comments I made after some particularly heated debates on Saturday night and indeed yesterday, where the general concensus was that the team is playing cr*p and there are some individual performances that are not up to standard...

My opinion is that I don't think we should particularly blame the team or the management although Tilson & Brush DO need to look at their team tactics and work on set pieces [corners & free-kicks]...

Everyone please consider this...

I have stated before that I am an advocater of attacking football being the best form of defence and this creates a great atmosphere generated by us fans...

Well, I am beginning to think that maybe this tactic isn't quite suitable for the division we play in!!!  
sad.gif
why? I have noticed that Cheltenham, Lincoln and Rochdale [our three games so far] have all played with one tactic in common!, getting men behind the ball in numbers thus nullifying our attacking options!  
rock.gif
Cambridge may well do the same on Saturday!

This suggests to me that teams look at us as being an attacking threat!. Now, that may sound ridiculous to you given our present position, but I don't think that [except maybe Rochdale!] these teams would ordinarily set out to pack their defence, unless they thought we were dangerous!

Tilson needs to look at a whole new strategy here, beginning with support in defence from the midfield, inviting the opposition forward and then hitting them with our pace down the wing, by counter attacking in numbers and keeping the ball on the ground for a change! After all, it is what teams are doing to us at the moment and it has been effective! [unquote]

Now, this is purely my own opinion... not only from games I have seen this season, but also from other posts and from commentaries on BBC ESSEX!

So let's hear your opinion...

1.) Is our squad and management really this bad? [IMO, no to both... see Q2!]

2.) Do we need to alter our tactics to counteract defence minded opposition? [IMO, yes!]

3.) Should there be changes in key positions on the field of play and if so who & why? [IMO, no... let's see if a change in tactics works first!]

4.) Should Kevin Maher retain the captaincy? bearing in mind with less responsibility, we may get more out of him! [IMO, it's a close call but yes!]

5.) Any other comments or opinions?

wow.gif

Back