• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC V Forest Official Thread

Aberdeen Shrimper

SUFC V Forest Official Thread***********************

Looking foward to this one

Last edited:
Can I be the first to mention that Eastwood didn't even make the bench for Wolves tonight...

It's a good result IMO, we needed 4 points from the next 3 games to make the Play-Offs and a point from Forest isn't the worst result in the world.

First half we were superb and dominated, second half never really got going and forest the better side.

Shame as we could have nicked it late on.

Can I be the first to mention that Eastwood didn't even make the bench for Wolves tonight...

It's a good result IMO, we needed 4 points from the next 3 games to make the Play-Offs and a point from Forest isn't the worst result in the world.

I said in the Prediction thread that a 1-1 with plenty of yellows.......sounded like Gower did well down the left, Walker Kanu and Francis also sounded pretty sharp.......Sounds like Flavs is still preferring to punch rather than catch the ball, that could cost us down the line.

Anyone coming in form the game please give your views??

Shame about the Forest goal totally silencing the Crowd for 20 mins.

Blues Voice got 3 mentions on Blues World tonight, they kept mentioning the flags as well.

Blue Voice got 3 mentions on Blues World tonight, they kept mentioning the flags as well.

Good to hear.

Thought the West Stand, Block V/W were pretty superb tonight in their vocal support.

Well done, shame it didn't quite help the lads get that winner.

Oh well, a fair result in the end.

I said in the Prediction thread that a 1-1 with plenty of yellows.......sounded like Gower did well down the left, Walker Kanu and Francis also sounded pretty sharp.......Sounds like Flavs is still preferring to punch rather than catch the ball, that could cost us down the line.

Anyone coming in form the game please give your views??

Shame about the Forest goal totally silencing the Crowd for 20 mins.

Blues Voice got 3 mentions on Blues World tonight, they kept mentioning the flags as well.

Just got in...I thought whilst the result was a little gutting, the performance was very good. I maintain my stance that we are not far from being a very good side at this level.

Flavs didn't really have much to do, such were the number of Forest chances on the night, but I am unsure as to whether he could have done anything for their undeserved equaliser which was started life as a defensive lapse of concentration.

Mulgrew is starting to look a bit better defensively, but I really like him going forward...he was attacking down the wing with real purpose, and his set-pieces are a perfect replacement for Stevie Hammell.

Gower looked far and away a different player from the one who bore the brunt of fans frustrations at Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago...he was throwing himself into challenges and he is learning to chase back and assist the defence a lot more than I have ever seen him do.

Clarke and Barrett are, I am glad to report, looking far more solid as a pairing...Clarkey's distribution is still not great, but they won a majority of headers tonight against a strongarm Notts Forest frontline and were solid in the challenge as ever.

I was very impressed with Tommy Black's workrate, but I wish he would take the opportunity to have a pot shot once in a while...too often he looks for the pass and ends up playing himself into trouble.

Up front, Kanu took his goal very well and showed some nice touches but on tonight's second half showing was clearly showing a lack of match fitness...he was puffing like mad after about 10 minutes and rightly subbed.

Bailey I thought was quiter than his usual self, but still got involved and was dependable as ever.

My undoubted MOM though was James Walker. With Barnard fit, we will have an admirable strikeforce here...I can see Walker getting more assists than goals, but this is not a bad thing if Barnard can get himself into the right positions to finish off the good work. Tonight he did not stop running, tracked back, got involved in challenges, held the ball up magnificently, and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet in both halves. His ball control and passing ability is also excellent...I think we have a real gem here...well done T&B.

Overall, I was gutted with the result...thought we could and should have finished one of our numerous chances, and it was always on the cards that Forest would scum an equaliser somehow...a shadow of the team that demolished us at the City Ground.

Good atmosphere at the game tonight. Its all well saying we as fans should give our full backing etc to the players but sometimes us fans need something to shout about from the players and boy did we get that from the performance in the first half. Quietened in the second half until the last 15 mins or so but good all round effort from everybody (even us in the east lol). Fair result tonight i thought. Tyson coming on changed it for them but after they scored, it seemed to re-ignite the fuse for us and it became a very open game with both teams going for the win. Great to watch

Just got in...I thought whilst the result was a little gutting, the performance was very good. I maintain my stance that we are not far from being a very good side at this level.

Flavs didn't really have much to do, such were the number of Forest chances on the night, but I am unsure as to whether he could have done anything for their undeserved equaliser which was started life as a defensive lapse of concentration.

Mulgrew is starting to look a bit better defensively, but I really like him going forward...he was attacking down the wing with real purpose, and his set-pieces are a perfect replacement for Stevie Hammell.

Gower looked far and away a different player from the one who bore the brunt of fans frustrations at Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago...he was throwing himself into challenges and he is learning to chase back and assist the defence a lot more than I have ever seen him do.

Clarke and Barrett are, I am glad to report, looking far more solid as a pairing...Clarkey's distribution is still not great, but they won a majority of headers tonight against a strongarm Notts Forest frontline and were solid in the challenge as ever.

I was very impressed with Tommy Black's workrate, but I wish he would take the opportunity to have a pot shot once in a while...too often he looks for the pass and ends up playing himself into trouble.

Up front, Kanu took his goal very well and showed some nice touches but on tonight's second half showing was clearly showing a lack of match fitness...he was puffing like mad after about 10 minutes and rightly subbed.

Bailey I thought was quiter than his usual self, but still got involved and was dependable as ever.

My undoubted MOM though was James Walker. With Barnard fit, we will have an admirable strikeforce here...I can see Walker getting more assists than goals, but this is not a bad thing if Barnard can get himself into the right positions to finish off the good work. Tonight he did not stop running, tracked back, got involved in challenges, held the ball up magnificently, and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet in both halves. His ball control and passing ability is also excellent...I think we have a real gem here...well done T&B.

Overall, I was gutted with the result...thought we could and should have finished one of our numerous chances, and it was always on the cards that Forest would scum an equaliser somehow...a shadow of the team that demolished us at the City Ground.

Good report....cheers mate

Back