• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC v Hull sh*tty

Since The Millenium Stadium, we have scored 13 goals and conceded 10 in 6 matches. That's an average of nearly 4 goals in every game. Exciting stuff!

What encourages me is that even with a rash of changes forced on us by injuries, we are still performing well.

Yes your right good point albeit for their keeper we would have
won tonight. I'm happy, now a point clear of Bury, I have a £20 bet with a one of my mates who is a big Bury fan that we finish higher so 3 games to go and looking good !!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 20 2004,21:45)]Since The Millenium Stadium, we have scored  13 goals and conceded 10 in 6 matches. That's an average of nearly 4 goals in every game. Exciting stuff!

What encourages me is that even with a rash of changes forced on us by injuries, we are still performing well.
yeah thats exactly what I thought to myself earlier, despite not having a settled team recently whoever is on the pitch is performing and we are getting results!

So Hull brought 1100 so the home support must have been about 500 down on last Saturday. Very disappointing
sad.gif
Our average home league gate is 4299 though
biggrin.gif
which is above Orient's  
tounge.gif

Just back from the game and it was very exciting, an all round good match.
Would have liked to have won though but a point keeps us safe for another year.
Their keeper really did keep them in the game. Mahers shot that lead to the corner that lead to his goal was fantastic, heading for the top right corner until he turned it away.
Mahers goal did seem to look like a cross using his left foot and it maybe got a deflection but who cares. His cheeky free kick was just that too. After they had formed a wall and he was lining up for the shot, he walked up to the ball picked in up and placed it back down immediatly and chiped the ball over the wall.
Gower was fantastic, he created the start of the movement for his goal running about 50-60 yards with the balland a couple of quick passes later belted it into the back of the net.
Hunt on the right wing was too, amazing for most of the second half but did fizzle out. He ran at defenders with ease and his shots were from quite a distance away but he hit them so hard that the keeper had no choice but to tip them over the bar.

Have to say the Hull fans were very subdued tonight which surprised me. The only time we heard them was when they scored and for a few minutes after. I really expected them to get behind their team like we did away on Saturday but it was relatively easy to out-sing them. Perhaps they can't quite believe they're finally going up!

They only sang when they were drawing really. They didn't really get behind their team when they were down but they still had great support of over 1000. Was a truly brilliant match ... and has now been 15 goals in the past 3 home games. Great entertainment!

Ole!!

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 20 2004,22:56)]So Hull brought 1100 so the home support must have been about 500 down on last Saturday. Very disappointing
sad.gif
Our average home league gate is 4299 though
biggrin.gif
which is above Orient's  
tounge.gif
Attendance- 5389 (1,193 Visitors)

Source- www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk

I won't argue about 93 Hull fans.
smile.gif
That's means that our home support was about 600 down on the Darlington game.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 21 2004,08:43)]I won't argue about 93 Hull fans.
smile.gif
That's means that our home support was about 600 down on the Darlington game.
sad.gif
Take heart, Terry!

1. Tuesday nights never used to get as big a crowd as Fridays.

2. Chelski live on the box (what a let down that was!)

3. We really don't have anything concrete to play for, not a cup nor league survival nor a playoff place.

So those who did come came for the good footie, which thankfully is being supplied! I think that taking all that into account, the crowd was better than might have been expected.

Back