• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCinthePrem's words of wisdom

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
-> We definitely deserved to get a point in this game and should have scored a second to kill them off.

-> If anyone wants proof of the change in Gower's confidence, his miss in the second half sums it all up. It was a cracking opportunity and would have killed the game.

-> If Pettefer's shot had gone in instead of hitting the angle of the goal, I would have had to lay off criticising him for at least two weeks. It was a quality strike. As with Gower's, this would have sealed three points. Still, he had a good game and a good cross to set up the goal.

-> Tyson and Senda are both cocks in my book after the way they celebrated their goals. I'd heard good things of both of them but they were both average, bar their goals which were both well taken. Senda's in particular was good. None of this matters though, I still think they're to**ers.

-> Why, oh WHY, did we have to put the PA on Level 11 at half time. There was atmosphere building at the end of the first half but as the second started, everyone was having their conversations that they were denied at the interval. If anyone finds a nob labelled, PA SYSTEM VOLUME in future, turn it down by at least a third.

-> On the plus side Dudfield was awesome today and Tes gave their defence a nightmare first half. Not sure why it didn't click so well in the second half.

-> Wycombe weren't that great. They showed very little and it was only a counter attack with a goal that looked very offside (my seat virtually put me on the defensive line and Tyson certainly wasn't on it) that got them going. After that they were very good but I'm pretty sure they'll start dropping points soon unless they toughen up.

Sorry cann't agree re Tyson,he looked very good and took his opportunties well,it shows a good striker,when he's out the game for along period and yet can still deliver the goods.

I think that maybe sour grapes on your part for his goal scoring abilities(Though it was off side by a country mile)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ Sep. 11 2004,19:58)]I think that maybe sour grapes on your part for his goal scoring abilities(Though it was off side by a country mile)
Nah it wasn't that close
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tannisworld @ Sep. 11 2004,20:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ Sep. 11 2004,19:58)]I think that maybe sour grapes on your part for his goal scoring abilities(Though it was off side by a country mile)
Nah it wasn't that close  
mad.gif
I've seen it from two camera angles now and both show Tyson at least four yards off side.

I hope the players shoulders don't drop now. We threw those points away today, but we have to (from what I've heard about Notts Co and Kiddie at the mo) beatable teams coming.

Are we missing Maher's crosses? Gower's corners today were appalling, and he could've sewn it up for us, but patience at this time with Gower I'm sure we'll see him get those goals again and give us some good performances.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what they did to celebrate? I obviously must have had my head in my hands at both times. They both were given it a bit to the East when they walked off at the final whistle, but other than that I, and seemingly most around me didn't see it, nor complain about it.

As for whether they're any good or not. Yes they are, Flavs only had to make 1 save, yet they still won 2-1. Tyson had 2 chances, and scored 1. We had 8 or 9 chances and scored just the once. That's unfortunately the difference at the moment.

If we had Tyson or someone with the same sort of finishing ability in our side, we'd be a hell of a lot higher.

I notice Boylan scored a hat trick today, meaning he's got 6 already this year. Dust off the chequebook Ron! While you're at it, give them a couple of ours at the same time!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Sep. 11 2004,21:06)]I hope the players shoulders don't drop now. We threw those points away today, but we have to (from what I've heard about Notts Co and Kiddie at the mo) beatable teams coming.

Are we missing Maher's crosses? Gower's corners today were appalling, and he could've sewn it up for us, but patience at this time with Gower I'm sure we'll see him get those goals again and give us some good performances.
Maybe Tilly will be brave enough to drop him and let him get his confidence back from reserve games. The only reason he is still in that team is for last seasons performance.

Einstein

I apologise if this has been mentioned in another thread, but thus far, I haven't seen any posts crediting Mark Bentley for a well taken goal in the first half! [glad I got that off my chest!
wink.gif
]

Another good performance in the main, with plenty of drive and some good crosses / set-pieces going in, but we didn't have the killer instinct in front of goal again today [we cannot rely on luck now! let's start burying teams in the first half please Messrs. Tilson / Brush!!!].

I am rather worried about Marky Gower... he just isn't the same player he was and when he was substituted late on, he appeared to be absolutely shattered and perhaps in need of a rest! [Tilson doesn't seem to think it is a problem with his fitness, but maybe his summer operation has knocked his ability or confidence?] I don't want to start any ill feeling here, from those who may disagree, but I really think a one / two match rest might help the lad and the team, in the long run!
wow.gif

Particular credit to Pettefer, Bentley, Jupp, Bramble & Dudfield... the latter, playing on despite having the GK's studmarks
sad.gif
across his stomache in the first half!

The lino "running the east stand touch-line" was poor today and the impetus resulting from Wycombe's first goal [O/S
rock.gif
], was sufficient to earn them the points today... sleep well, lino!!!
mad.gif

Possibly fair point with Tyson in that you can rate a player on how he takes the one opportunity that falls to him. However, he had two opportunities, both one on one which any professional striker should expect to score at least one of (apologies for poor sentence construction, use your imagination!). As for Senda, I had heard good things but can't think of anything notable he did the rest of the game. I like to think that I don't give opposition players ratings based solely on the result of the game. I think their crop of players is almost undoubtedly more talented than ours but we played in a way that restricted them in the first half and perhaps tired late on.

Both players jogged over to the West and posed for the camera in between arrogant stares in to the crowd. Not the world's biggest sin but their's not much that antagonises fans more! (Except maybe kicking corner flags)

I also agree with credit to Bentley for the goal and first half performance. Better still was that surging run that almost brought a second straight after. He had a stormer in the first half but tired a little in the second.

Another point on the tiredness. I think most of the team tired in the second half. All through the first half, we played in a way that stifled their midfield. I thought Hunt played very well in the first half and got right on top of Easton, a very talented player, who did nothing as a result. I think we may have pulled through but the goal was a killer.

NOTE: If the goal was onside, it would have been Jupp playing them on. However, he still looked at least a yard off, taking Jupp's position on the far side in to consideration.

I agree we did look tired in the second half, however we looked a bit lost when they equalised and run out of idea's. Compliments on Pettefer's performance yesterday outstanding work rate and hopefully he can keep producing shots like his left foot curler.
On a negative note i thought when we picked the ball up on halfway line and had a chance at running towards the heart of their defence we veered off a couple of times and wasted what could of been good breaks. Plus Kevin Maher's corner's will make a welcome return at Notts County.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've seen it from two camera angles now and both show Tyson at least four yards off side.
Which cameras?

The match camera will show you a view from a lofted diaganal position and the camera from the corner of the north and east doubt you can see much!

Back